New Model C-7 Hub Coming Soon

Especially if you have them all in Node-RED lol.

2 Likes

Sorry, I just realised I never actually gave you the wonker ticket. Here it is and sorry for the delay. Enjoy! :grinning:

images

2 Likes

I ordered a hubitat elevation from the official Hubitat store on Amazon on June (constantly OUT of STOCK, but occasionally it is available). The details of the page indicate it is model C-5 (already obsolete due to the new C-7)

Amazon orders indicated delivery is expected tomorrow July 1st.

Will this hub, ordered June 18th (currently slated for delivery July 1st), be the now obsolete C-5 or are you guys being awesome and shipping the new C-7? It would be awesome of you guys to ship the C-7!

If you are shipping the C-5, I can/will cancel ahead of time, save the hassle of shipping & returning the C-5 and then reordering the C-7.

Node-red, smode-smed

1 Like

Hold the phone. I don't use Z-Wave, but I have the UK version of the Hub which came with the UK frequency Z-Wave USB adapter and one of these cables.

Could I use that cable to plug in a second Zigbee radio. Say, maybe, a Digi XStick?

I think that would disable the internal zigbee radio.

2 Likes

Ah, nuts. Worth a punt, I've got a bunch of those XSticks. :upside_down_face:

Guess I'm in the market for a C-7, or maybe fishing the online flea markets for a C-5. I see a few of those coming out of the woodwork in the US now!

Just a question, if you have a C5 with the external Z-Wave dongle, could you not maybe buy the Z-Wave 700 dongle and plug that in and almost have a C7?

It seems the C7 will have the 700 series radio ‘internal’ and not as a dongle.

1 Like

yes, I was just wondering if you could buy a 700 series Z-Wave dongle maybe a 3rd party one that might work with HE C5? Just a thought

The ultimate coup would be if the migration tool also moved Zigbee and Z-Wave devices from ST to HE.....

6 Likes

That would cause a whole new kind of migration. I bet there are a lot of SmartThings users that haven't switched to Hubitat simply because they don't want to go through the re-pairing process of all of their devices.

5 Likes

That's why it took me so long to make the move.

2 Likes

I haven't been keeping track, how many hub versions are there including this C-7?

Just 3, c4, c5 and now c7

2 Likes

When will C-9 come out with Zigbee 3.0 and more powerful CPU/RAM

9 Likes

Awesome! Christmas in July!

2 Likes

Well...of few of us are still running the very original publicly released C3 hub... which is identical to the C4, except for the Hubitat logo silk-screening, IIRC. :wink:

9 Likes

I was just about to mention my C3 :slight_smile:

Edit: I just realised that two of my hubs are C3’s !!
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Only thing I am hoping is internal backup power so we won't get database corruption. Doesn't have to be a huge one. Just enough for automatic shutdown when pulling the plug.