New Model C-7 Hub Coming Soon

19 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion about MOCA, WiFi, and PowerLine Extenders

Your house is too big :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Anyone heard any news?
Thought there would be an update by now.

I just got an email back from asking to be informed of the C7 release, and they suggested next week. Just my .02

11 Likes

Although a requirement, CE marking does not indicate that a product has actually been approved as safe by the EU or by any other testing or certification authority. It just means that the manufacturer claims that it meets the requirements - even though it may not. On many products made in China, the CE mark means "China Export" and actually has nothing to do with the CE mark of the EU.

3 Likes

I'm more worried about the power supply. If at all possible I get one with UL approval.

CE = China Export .... ? Reminds me of the town of USA in Japan some years ago.

2 Likes

The Aeotec range extenders worked for me but I'd had to give them a little time.
I installed one close to my HE hub and the other close to my Schlage and unenrolled the Schlage from HE; then I performed a Z-Wave repair and gave it a day.
When I re-enrolled my Schlage, it took right away and it's been going strong ever since.

CE_Marks_lrg

5 Likes

But that’s urban folklore, no? [per Wikipedia referencing the article below]

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 6.45.39 PM

10 Likes

Just happened to have one lying around eh? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, yeah, but this is a screenshot from post #1 above.

3 Likes

in order to ensure that Chinese exporters respect Community legislation.

Probably similar to how the respect intellectual property.

Ref: the above quote is from the link in post 203

2 Likes

Actually, that article says that CE does not mean Chinese Export in regard to the EU, but they do seem to acknowledge the existence of imitators...since they intend to copyright it.

I’m struggling with the wait, I need to get out of my Vera hell...

That’s great. You are one of the fortunate ones. Glad to hear it.

LJ

1 Like

They are quite good, I have one in my garage which allows my Aeotec garage door opener to communicate with my Vera Plus.

Despite My garage lights being a recognised route to my garage door, it is dead to my Vera without it.

A year ago :wink:

Whats the site, I bought mine from US :us: and had to pay tax

There was a guy from Poland selling them on ebay