New Media Player and Helper Tiles

We are happy to introduce two new tiles to the Easy Dashboard's growing portfolio, based on popular demand.

The latest update adds a new section to the Easy Dashboards for "Helper Tiles":

First helper tile that we released is the "Separator". Press the plus sign then select "Separator" from the menu to add a transparent tile with a custom text:

The second tile is the simple **media player ** tile for any devices that use the "MusicPlayer" device type.

To add a music player tile look for new Music Players category under All devices in the Dashboard settings

Also new feature in this release: dashboard starters. If you have devices assigned to rooms, you now have the option to quickly add a new Easy Dasboard for each room.

Just go to Dashboards page and select Add dashboard, and you will find a starter dashboard for each room with devices preselected. Just open the pre-configured dashboard, add additional tiles if you need, then click save:

19 Likes

Awesome !! Im so glad to see alot of improvements on the dashboards
I hope eventually it will be possible to change icons as well on easy board,
maybe install an icon package or something if you decide to have something
different from what is added by default

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. The custom icons and backgrounds features have been noted. They are not currently on the priority list, as there are more tiles and different enhancements that are currently scheduled, but I can see the tile enhancements possibly introduced in a future major update (unlikely in 2.3.9)

1 Like

I totally understand, I ofcourse perfer myself to have added features and other improvements first.
I do have a question though, I use my iphone to check my dahsboards, So I do have 2 columns set up on dashboard to quickly be able to check dahsboard and tiles. I do however also have the app installed on my ipad, would it be possible to change the columns and rows on the ipad so it fits the screen better on that and still keep the 2 columns on my iphone??

Yes. With Easy Dashboards, each mobile device has its own display settings, so the same dashboard on a small screen can be adjusted on a larger screen.

thank you for the info, I thought I maybe had to make a new set of dashboards for the ipad
so Ill look into it in the weekend

The new dashboard looks great. I think it's a huge improvement.

The two main things that I would love to see are:

1. Ability to change icons (and ideally colors).
  2. When selecting two columns, allow those two (or whatever number) columns to expand. Otherwise, it doesn't look good. The only way for them to expand is to change the height, but this sometimes pushes things out of the screen vertically. So maybe auto-height as an option would be great too.

Thanks!

1 Like

Will chromecast audio and video built in drivers be supported in the EZ dashboard as a MusicPlayer?