Feature Request To Add Text Labels

With all the effort that went into the new EZ Dashboard I almost feel guilty :slight_smile: for asking for more. Just ask that it be considered for something longer term.

Would like to see the ability to add text labels so others looking the dashboard can more readily identify what they are looking at.

As the creator of the dashboard I know the logical grouping of the items but others in the family do not without looking at the individual tiles to try and find what they are looking for. Having the labels of the logical groupings of devices helps them find the devices much more quickly.

Also, can dashboards be copied? I need to develop versions for a cell phone and tablet widths now that I have the desktop version completed.

See attached markup. You will need to enlarge and scroll to see entire dashboard. Nothing fancy.

Thanks - Don

7 Likes

Yes, some kind of tile that's just styled text and a background color/tiled image would be very useful.

Asking is caring and the art of it, is Hubitat's progress driver :wink: We may not always be able to deliver, but the more we are asked, the sooner it gets implemented. So don't hold back.

5 Likes

Thanks BobbyD. You gays have done so much for this community. Just know how much we appreciate you!!

1 Like

I've been wanting this for ages (on the regular dashboards). I find it surprising that something this basic doesn't exist.

There are ways to achieve that on the Hubitat Dashboard, already. And now it's available on the Easy Dashboard too, it was released yesterday:

What would those be?

All I've come up with is creating images of text for the desired labels, then pointing empty tiles to the image URLs. But that's quite cumbersome--perhaps there is something more straightforward?

For the moment that would be the Easy Dashboard.