New Iris V1 device support

Yeah, I've not seen this, I paired the one I have at least 6 times during development, never seen it.

Ok, probably is the plug firmware. Any way to identify the firmware? I have them on the iris hub but I don't see the version

I've not seen anything that looks like a firmware version, in the end even it was we don't have the binary, nor a way to update them.
I can sniff the frames of a bad one, at least this will rule out any environmental issues.
The sample would need to exhibit this problem consistently.

Ok, let me see if I can spend $10 more this week to ship you one.... :joy:

Put a sensor in that mailbox by the way...

Sure, so I can be reminded that 99% of what shows up in there goes straight to recycle?

2 Likes

Lol

The outlet that I have which is not working correctly is the first one I paired also. It refuses to operate correctly no matter how many times I remove, reset, pair, repeat... I do remember that during the original pairing process, HE found 2 devices, both this outlet, and 2 more that said they were duplicates, but only one made it to devices (I did name both to try and see what they were).

Interesting, I will try again tomorrow, I will be sure to look if the first paired is the problem, I will pair them multiple times.

I had the same issue with an Iris V2 plug. It was detected as a "Device" and I had to manually set the driver. On/off commands would work, but the status wouldn't update on the device page. Another user advised to hit the configure button after manually setting the driver, and that fixed it. Not sure that is your issue, but some FYI that might help.

I tried that, but it didn't change anything.

So far, I have configured one V1 outlet, two motion sensors, and one contact sensor. I have made it a practice to hit the Configure button on the device page after pairing a device. I have not had any problems with them communicating.
The one thing I have noticed is that the V1 motion detectors seem to stay in the Active state much longer then the Bosch Zigbee HA1.2 motion sensors I bought to work with Hubitat. Where the Bosch sensors revert back to inactive within about 5 seconds, the Iris V1 sensors take about 30 seconds to revert back from active to inactive as seen on my dashboard. Is this normal behavior for the Iris V1 motion sensors?

Is that plug from the same batch as what you sent me? I can look at the manufacturing date tonight. I've got yours connected to Hubitat right now and it has been since the beta came out. It's reporting fine.

Yes, I had 3 plugs total

Edit, the one with the older batch code(21W12) is the problematic. Both spend the night connected to iris but no change, not sure if there is an update for v1 anyway. When I went to iris to remove the 21W12, on the device it was turned on but the device itself was off, so maybe is something beyond of whatever we can do.

Apparently is something with the batch firmware, could you look if yours has the code?

1 Like

yes, their motion timeout is closer to 45 seconds

1 Like

Good catch! You are correct, the 21W12 is the unit acting up. I believe it was one of the first that I purchased years ago. All of the working units have the 32W12 on them.

1 Like

Thank you. It is good to know the differences in how the V1 devices operate as compared to the HA1.2 devices.

I had an issue with adding my first plug as well. It would not take the name I put in. I had to go back into it and rename it twice for it to take but I didn't check the status to see if it was working. I'll have to check tonight.

OMG. I went out of town and off-grid for 10 days and come back to this amazing news! I stored all my v1 devices in a couple giant bags (except for the ones I sent to Mike) and they are coming back out of the bags ASAP. WOO HOO!

WOW! This is so amazing. Thanks Hubitat!

4 Likes

I received the Hub this afternoon, paired it with 2 Iris V1 sensors and 4 V1 plugs. I have couple questions, thanks for any help / direction.

I found the time stamp from the web was incorrect, it listed as EDT, but shown GMT, for example it is now 3-30 10:22 PM EDT, but it shows 3-31 02:22 AM EDT. I have my setting > location > Time Zone / US/Eastern. How do I correct this ?
For V1 Sensor, the event logs show random interval of battery status and temperature. What is the rule of displaying event ?
For V1 plug, is there a way to show the energy usage ?

Power reporting for the outlet will be in the next release.
To my knowledge reporting thresholds for the sensors are not configurable.