New Iris V1 device support

Itll update eventually, happened to me when I got my hub.

I had also configured my location and time zone correctly. For some reason all my rules that I setup originally were using UTC time and not my local time, not sure why. I received and installed a HUB update yesterday afternoon and now my times appear to be correct, not sure if the update had anything to do with it.
I too noticed all of the battery and temperature status updates in my Logs/Events. It fills up these lists and makes it hard to see past history unless you view a specific device and then search for a particular status.

I agree with you on the history part with filling up with unnecessary things. It should just show what was opened/turned on and the time. Hopefully the developers can come up with something to this effect for the app. Itll be very helpful when you arent home and wanna know when something happened.

That's really what the event list on the device detail page is for. The general system log can be filled with all sorts of things depending on what apps/drivers you are using.

1 Like

Using the device detail page for one of my motion sensors that I paired less than 48hrs ago shows 523 events of which only 36 were related to motion. In order to find the motion related events I had to search for "active".

OK?

1. This is what the filter is for... So I think using it that way is perfectly acceptable/reasonable.
  2. If you think there are 'extra' non-value added events being logged, definitely submit a support ticket.

523 seems like a lot, but I've seen some with more... What types of things are in the event table out of curiosity?

Can we use this through the cloud?

Of the 487 Non-motion recorded events about 24% were battery events and the other 76% were temperature events.

That sounds like way more temp and battery entries than I would expect. Might want to ping @mike.maxwell ...

These things just blab and blab, not worried about it.

1 Like

You see Mike's response. I guess the only constructive advice I can give is to use the filter on the event page. :smile:

No. Although if you have VPN access to your house you can use the web page (and filters) that way. I don't think the app will help either, whenever it is finally released, as it will be focused around presence and dashboard use.

Dashboard has a history option for any device, either select the 3 dot menu for the tile assigned to that device and click history.

Or, go to the gear, advanced, devices and select the device you want to view current states and history for.

This can be done via dashboards that are local or cloud based.

1 Like

No worries, I totally understand, I'm sure there are much bigger fish to fry and that you'll get to some of these finishing touches eventually. I really appreciate and am extremely happy to be able to use all of my IRIS Gen 1 devices, you da man! Keep up the good work. Hubitat is definitely a big powerful learning curve for us IRIS users.

Cool... I didn't know that!

I'm troubleshooting a problem. How many V1 devices do you all have connected? I have 47.

I just started, and have 33 and adding; 12 plugs, the rest are sensors. No non-V1 devices at this point.
I was having problem with sensors far away from hub (60'), even I have few plugs in between (supposed to be repeater). What I did was adjust the hub location, power off 30 minutes, let it rebuild the zigbee mesh network. After that, no more unstable devices.
I did not recall I had this kind problem with Iris hub, may be I had devices add up few at a time back then.

I found an interesting bug on door sensor, when temperature below 32 F, it show 740x. It was a cold night here. I put one sensor in my freezer, it is now 7384 F ( should be around 10 F). May be a format conversion error when in below 0 range ( C).

Not clear to me sorry. How many V1's and type? Thanks

V1 Keypad pairs as AlertMe panel. But is installed with generic device driver. I tried V2 and 3 drivers but not joy.