New Iris V1 device support

Awesome. That will work perfect.

Now to figure out in rule machine how to delay things being turned off by a certain amount of time, and if that sensor becomes occupied again to cancel the delay off....

It is on the list to look at, and look at doesn't imply there will be a driver for it.

Keypads, at least the Zigbee implementations I've seen so far are an absolute nightmare to write drivers for.

Oh boy! Paperweight here we come lolo. Basically only want the keyboard to arm and disarm and use a pin to do it. Mike you think it will be feasible for those 3 criteria ?

That's 99% of the functionality...

So I don't know, I don't know when, and we haven't made any promises, nor innuendos towards supporting the V1 keypad.

I totally understand. Appreciate your input. This is a great community with wonderful people. I'm new to Hubitat from Smartthings and soooo glad i switched! Thanks again.

1 Like

Last question if anyone knows.

I'd like to mount these motion sensors in the corner of the rooms. How high can I go with them? Ceiling height? I have 9-10 foot ceilings... I THINK. :slight_smile:

I have 10ft ceilings and I have monoprice motion detectors and from the floor to the BOTTOM of the motion detector is 8 ft. Have no problems with detecting motion. Hope that helps!

1 Like

HE/Iris gets an update mention on Techhive

Lowe's Iris smart home system review: An emphasis on security | TechHive

Iris users looking for an alternative might want to know that Hubitat has announced that its Hubitat Elevation smart home hub now supports all Iris by Lowe's smart home devices, including the until-now proprietary first-generation products. You can read more about Hubitat's migration path here.

1 Like

Hubitat's marketing arm has been busy. Press release aggregation FTW!

https://www.finanzen.net/nachricht/aktien/hubitat-announces-support-for-iris-by-lowe-s-version-1-zigbee-devices-7303833

1 Like

Darn! And I thought it was because I posted on reddit. heh

1 Like

I have paired a v1 outlet, but it is showing the state as always off. I can use the on / off buttons on the device's page, but in the dashboard app, it will not turn off. It turns the outlet on, but shows on the tile that it is off. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

does the device reflect on and off correctly in the device page when when controlled via the device page?

No, it only says state is off. If i click the on button on the device page, it turns on, but the state stays at off.

i have several of these outlets... I tried another one and it is working fine. I will try to connect the strange outlet to the iris hub and see if by some miracle there is a firmware update available.

Connecting it back to the Iris hub didn't change anything...

It operates, just doesn't report status on the device page. Consequentially, it doesn't work on dashboards.

This is the only outlet of 11 that is doing this. There might just be an issue with it. If there had been another one or two not reporting status, I would think there might be a driver problem, but since it is limited to just this one unit, I am going to call it defective and celebrate that I have 10 that do work correctly!

No AFAIK.

Yeah, bin that one, if it isn't working on Iris, it certainly isn't going to work on Hubitat.

It does work fine on iris, but it is the only one that isn't working correctly here. It will become experiment material...

Send it to me if you want, maybe it's got super old firmware and needs some sort of additional poking to work properly, dunno...

Mike, that was the same behavior I saw in my plug(i reported earlier today), but it was odd, looks like its the first plug you add had the problem, including the name was changed from whatever I put, I have them paired on iris to see if they update but probably not. Not saying that is the problem but I saw the same in 2 different hubs.