New Iris V1 device support

Oh. Did not see the announcement

Holy cow. Iris V1 support for certain devices is outstanding! Better late than never! I'm so glad I chose Hubitat! Thank you so very much for this functionality!
Now I hope everyone gets the V1 devices they need before the prices go up! Buy Buy Buy!

1 Like

Wow! Great work yet again Mike.

Not%20Worthy

Well that's what I get for being so quick to leave Iris. I already replaced all of my V1 components and supported ST :sob:

On the plus side, I now have extra components available to start working towards a more automated home :grinning:

However, I feel like I'm on the path to the dark side and will probably end up with more hubs in the near future. There could be some fun Halloween automations in the works too given the speed of a locally run hub especially with the Chromecast Integration app :thinking:

Although, for something like that I would prefer to keep the GA connection active and not have the connection sound everytime there is movement on the porch. I tried to add a to-do item to your list yesterday and it was already built in to HE. Maybe this is already there too and I just haven't found it yet...

Can I buy these?

They look different than the iris v1 shown in this thread:

I think I'm going to make a purchase of the motion sensor v1 now.

Is there any reason not to buy these over something else???

Nevermind. Got to impatient and purchased 6 of them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 1 Ver 1 Motion Sensor paired. It works but is a tad slower than the Iris Ver2 motion sensor.

The link you posted is the V1. What Mike posted is also the V1 it's just on it's side.

How slow are we talking ?

ok thanks!

$35 for 8 sensors and ebay has a code PERFECT3 for $3 off!

=)

It’s on par with a zwave motion sensor. I can look st the logs after work. Probably won’t notice unless you have the version 2 which is the fastest I have found.

Damn. I got ripped lol. Paid 12 each.

I'm talking contact sensors. You meant motion right?

I haven't been able to find less than $12 for the motion sensor. Link to what you bought?

yes, the Iris V1 motions are slow, this is the device, not our integration, using these for motion lighting triggers may not be the best choice.
The fastest motion sensors are standard Zigbee ZHA 1.2 motion detectors.

3 Likes

What about the contact sensors? Less than a second fast in the hub receiving the open/close message?

I plan to use these with lights but mainly for when the room isn’t occupied to turn off lights. I also plan to have one if I can get away with it facing the back yard to turn on my sprinklers in the middle of the night to keep animals out.

Lastly, I will use them to detect when nobody is home. For arming hsm and turning devices off.

I don’t plan to use them for lights turning on as you enter a room.

Besides, how slow are we talking? 3 seconds ?

Can the v1 mesh with other zigbee?

Will I need v1 repeaters for example?

Well I visited ebay early and bought an iris v1 keypad for $20. I know not on the Hubitate iris working list but hoping someone will get it too work otherwise I got an expensive paperweight lolol

3 Likes

no not that bad, maybe 500ms if that, they are still quite a bit faster than inexpensive zwave motion sensors.