New Iris V1 device support

Txs but the only ones I see at that price are without magnets, not sure if the V1 magnets will line up properly or not. Also not sure it is worth investing more money in this platform. Either something is strange with my sensors or hub since others are not having these issues. If it is the hub no matter what I add I will continue to have issues.

The V1 magnets do line up...kinda. You have to position them like this where the line on the sensor lines up with the two little lines half way along the magnet. Its not ideal but it works fine for me.

To your other points, the cause is apparently due to buggy Sylvania/Osram/Lightify zigbee devices. Do you have any of those on your mesh? Its not the hub. For me, it was easier to eliminate the V1 than the Sylvania, so thats the route I took and it seems to be working fine.

I'm having the same issue with V1 Motion Sensors. I can offset Temps up but NOT down.

Did you ever get the answer you're looking for? I currently have many Iris V1 devices. I have a V3 Outlet that wont mesh into my network. It has at least 3 V1 devices which should be in range.

He said we don't need v1 repeaters. I took it as v1 mesh with normal zigbee.

I have 2 (21W12) that are not functioning properly.
My 2 (44W13) work great.

I wish there was a firmware flash that would correct the problem.

I am wondering what batch ( date code ) is the starting point for them to work. We know that 21W12 is a bad batch. And 32W12 & 44W13 are good. So where between 21 and 32 do they begin to be good firmware ?

Update: between 21 and 32 of 2012 is the cutoff point.

Any updates on this

This is at least three days of work, and honestly right now it's hard to justify that amount of time on a device that's effectively been end of life'd twice...

1 Like

I am thankful for the ones that I own with the batch codes of 31W12 and after actually work. Since everything prior to that seems to have older firmware, I am only out 2 outlet plugs.

I still have 14 unused “good” ones sitting in the wings for when I need to use more.

Mike, I know it's a sore subject but is the iris version 1 keypad driver still a possibility down the road? I can just hear ya " yeah a LONG and winding road" lolo

3 Likes

Mike, just checking-in on progress in writing a driver for the Iris V1 Keypad. Still on the list? Started yet?

1 Like

Somewhere, and haven't looked at it yet.

For what it's worth theres a plethora of IRIS V2+ keypads popping up on ebay that can be had for relatively cheap and are currently compatible with HE.

Or maybe get one 3D printed ??
A mounting bracket that is.

I posted this a while ago, and did not get any response, I do not want to cross post here, is there any way to get copy of the driver (iris v1 outlet) to modify and install as new custom driver

I have dozen of Lowes IRIS v1 outlet, it works very well with HE. The issue I have is the power usage events shows change at 1 watts by default; unlike generic zigbee outlet, there is a preferences setting to report power change at 1, 5, 15, ...watts

this can't be changed in the Iris V1 outlets.

Thanks Mike, I was wondering if there anyway to get a copy of the iris v1 outlet driver code to modify it myself.

See above, it can't be changed, it's a device limitation, nothing to do with the driver.