New Iris V1 device support

I have paired a v1 outlet, but it is showing the state as always off. I can use the on / off buttons on the device's page, but in the dashboard app, it will not turn off. It turns the outlet on, but shows on the tile that it is off. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

does the device reflect on and off correctly in the device page when when controlled via the device page?

No, it only says state is off. If i click the on button on the device page, it turns on, but the state stays at off.

i have several of these outlets... I tried another one and it is working fine. I will try to connect the strange outlet to the iris hub and see if by some miracle there is a firmware update available.

Connecting it back to the Iris hub didn't change anything...

It operates, just doesn't report status on the device page. Consequentially, it doesn't work on dashboards.

This is the only outlet of 11 that is doing this. There might just be an issue with it. If there had been another one or two not reporting status, I would think there might be a driver problem, but since it is limited to just this one unit, I am going to call it defective and celebrate that I have 10 that do work correctly!

No AFAIK.

Yeah, bin that one, if it isn't working on Iris, it certainly isn't going to work on Hubitat.

It does work fine on iris, but it is the only one that isn't working correctly here. It will become experiment material...

Send it to me if you want, maybe it's got super old firmware and needs some sort of additional poking to work properly, dunno...

Mike, that was the same behavior I saw in my plug(i reported earlier today), but it was odd, looks like its the first plug you add had the problem, including the name was changed from whatever I put, I have them paired on iris to see if they update but probably not. Not saying that is the problem but I saw the same in 2 different hubs.

Yeah, I've not seen this, I paired the one I have at least 6 times during development, never seen it.

Ok, probably is the plug firmware. Any way to identify the firmware? I have them on the iris hub but I don't see the version

I've not seen anything that looks like a firmware version, in the end even it was we don't have the binary, nor a way to update them.
I can sniff the frames of a bad one, at least this will rule out any environmental issues.
The sample would need to exhibit this problem consistently.

Ok, let me see if I can spend $10 more this week to ship you one.... :joy:

Put a sensor in that mailbox by the way...

Sure, so I can be reminded that 99% of what shows up in there goes straight to recycle?

2 Likes

Lol

The outlet that I have which is not working correctly is the first one I paired also. It refuses to operate correctly no matter how many times I remove, reset, pair, repeat... I do remember that during the original pairing process, HE found 2 devices, both this outlet, and 2 more that said they were duplicates, but only one made it to devices (I did name both to try and see what they were).

Interesting, I will try again tomorrow, I will be sure to look if the first paired is the problem, I will pair them multiple times.

I had the same issue with an Iris V2 plug. It was detected as a "Device" and I had to manually set the driver. On/off commands would work, but the status wouldn't update on the device page. Another user advised to hit the configure button after manually setting the driver, and that fixed it. Not sure that is your issue, but some FYI that might help.

I tried that, but it didn't change anything.