New inovelli switches stuck on initializing C7 Hub

I was really hoping inovelli had their older drivers cached away somewhere so I could try those. It seems that the dimmer ones are fairly recent. Maybe it is an issue with the inovelli drivers.

The Inovelli drivers are on GitHub so all the previous versions are preserved there.

Ok I thought it was me.

Brand new C7. I'm trying to move over a few of my inovelli. I've tried dimmers and switches.

NO LUCK.

• I get get it to exclude on both the old and new hub but can't get it to get past the initialization on the new hub.
  • The switches and hub are in the same room.
  • I get a prompt for security and deselect all just to try and make it easy.
  • i then get a prompt to fill in a key and its already populated so I just click ok.
  • I was able to add my two door locks that are in another room very easily. I was actually shocked at how easy they were because they were problematic on the C4.

I'll be watching this thread.

Going to have to track the previous versions down... Although, I wonder if changing the device drivers will mess up everything I have got to work so far.

I spent today trying to add my LZW31-SN both with and without the Inovelli driver installed and it didn't seem to make any difference. The one time (of dozens) I actually got it to pair, I tried it assigned to both the default driver and the Inovelli driver and it didn't respond to commands under either of them.

Ok.. As of right now.. We are able to re-produce.. And until we have a fix there is a work-around...

1. try to include the device with security unchecked
  2. When it gets stuck on initializing, do a safe shutdown. (settings -> shutdown)
  3. Unplug and re-plug the hub when it gets to the red light
  4. After logging back into the hub go back to z-wave discovery and triple click the button on the device again (don’t exclude we just want to finish discovery as it’s already included)

As of right now it seems to be limited to some inovelli dimmers.. Please let me know if any other devices are having similar issues..

6 Likes

Happening to the switches too.

Firmware 1.44 on the dimmer and 1.16 on the switch. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Inovelli only? or others?

I only have inovelli switches and dimmers (30+) so can't say for any other brands.

1 Like

This did not work for me. The dimmer times out trying to get included, and the inclusion mode times out on the hub with no new devices discovered. Still nothing in the Devices list, but I can see the anonymous node in the Z-Wave Radio Devices list.

You included with all security options unchecked?

You did a full shutdown?

and after boot-up did not exclude and started device discovery again then triple clicked the button?

Yes to all of those. I am trying again now with a fresh factory reset on the switch and a Z-Wave Radio Reset.

Because I was able to re-produce this many times before I posted it

I have been able to get them working (3 Red Dimmers) by adding them, wait till stuck, reboot (not shutdown), discover.

I have one were I did s2 unauthenticated but rest are unsecured.

Definitely, not a range thing.

Update to my situation. I was finally able to pair the last 2 switches I needed. Just kept excluding and including them over and over and over again. I did play around with the amount of time I waited to put the switch into pairing mode. I seemed to have more success when I took it slow (I acted like I was reading the words on the screen that I have seen many times prior, before clicking checkboxes, etc).

What's the definition of insanity they say..... exactly!

The hub is maybe 8 feet from the initial switch (where it was when I tried the very first time). Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason (at least to me) on why it failed so many times before and it just all of a sudden worked now. If it was a range issue, you would think that it would only work when it was moved closer to the switch, but I tested that and it wasn't the case.

5 out of 6 switches I unchecked all securities. Only 1 switch I kept it default.

Here is what I just tried:

1. Excluded then factory reset the LZW31-SN
  2. Reset Z-Wave Radio on the C7 and rebooted it
  3. Included the LZW31-SN, unchecked all 3 pre-checked security boxes
  4. Waited for initializing box, then waited 2 minutes more
  5. Did a safe shutdown and waited for red light
  6. Pulled USB power, waited 20s for capacitor drain
  7. Booted hub and initiated Z-Wave inclusion.
  8. 3 clicks on the dimmer to start inclusion/exclusion mode.

Result: Both the hub and the dimmer timed out. No devices listed under "Found Devices". The Z-Wave Radio devices list still shows a 006 device without any ID or type, but there's no corresponding entry on the main Devices list.

try clicking on the discover button on the unknown device in z-wave settings then triple click

2 Likes

That worked! Assigned to device #1, Type #1.

2 Likes

And I can confirm the on/off commands on the device page now work as well.

Also I was able to switch the device over to the Inovelli driver and that seems to be working as intended, although there does appear to be some issues with SetColor() and SetLevel() there:

dev:472020-07-27 05:19:46.455 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of 
method: 
user_driver_InovelliUSA_Inovelli_Dimmer_Red_Series_LZW31_SN_359.childSetLevel() is 
applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: childSetLevel(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object) (childSetLevel)
dev:472020-07-27 05:19:44.914 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: 
user_driver_InovelliUSA_Inovelli_Dimmer_Red_Series_LZW31_SN_359.componentSetColor() 
is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: componentSetColor(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) (componentSetColor)
dev:472020-07-27 05:19:44.254 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of 
method: 
user_driver_InovelliUSA_Inovelli_Dimmer_Red_Series_LZW31_SN_359.componentSetColor() 
Possible solutions: componentSetColor(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) (componentSetColor)
dev:472020-07-27 05:19:43.032 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of 
method:

So this kind of worked for me. After doing #4 a device didn't show back up on the discovery page so I just waited for the inclusion to finish.

Then in settings - ZWave a ghost device was there. I ended up tripple pressing the config button and then click discover and it was assigned and added.

Not an ideal situation when I have so many to add so I'll hold out for a bit and hope there is an easy fix for this.