New inovelli switches stuck on initializing C7 Hub

Yeah Iโ€™m not sure what the deal is, I definitely entered in the DSK for the two devices, so Iโ€™m not quite sure how they are functioning. I should exclude and rejoin without S2 but Iโ€™m feeling lazy and donโ€™t want to have to update a bunch of rules and apps again.

@Eric_Inovelli Hi Eric. When will S2 compliant drivers be released for the Inovelli switches/dimmers?

Ok so I paired the switch with no security to my C7 and then I am able to update the firmware on it. Thanks for the tip! Now it shows "Complete device is flashing". Is the flashing completed or something else needs to happen?

Yep. The "flashing" in that message means that something on the device itself is usually blinking. In the case of the Inovellis, my experience is actually sort of the opposite (LED bar blinks during the update, then the switch goes offline for a minute or two and "reboots" when done).

1 Like

Thank you for your help! The firmware updated successfully

So it does seem the updater needs to be updated to work with S2. Or it could be an issue with the C7 itself :thinking:

It's related to S2 (and possibly S0):

Tagging @ericm for this answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To confirm, you followed the procedure described before about non-secure inclusion, shut down, rediscover, 3 clicks? I was able to get most of my house converted over but am stuck on three GE Enbrighten Dimmers with S2, sounds like the same situation as where you started.

I did 2 of the enbrighten non-secure and one secure. GE devices are single click, not triple click. Although triple click doesn't hurt anything.

On each I would do an exclude, then include. No reboots involved. I only rebooted on the couple of devices that never completed initializing.

I think S0 is off the hook. I just upgraded an LZW31-SN on S0 with both the firmware updater and the binary updater.

I strongly encourage you to not use S0 security unless you have no other choice.
If you have a choice, use nothing or S2, even on a c7 S0 sucks...

@mike.maxwell

Mike - because of the network chatter level of S0? Or ?

Yes

1 Like

Good to know - if we get a choice, any of the S2 options are generally preferred over S0 from that perspective.

Correct.

1 Like

I agree. I've just been testing every combination of settings to try to narrow down the root cause elements of this bug and to answer questions from the thread.

I'm trying to get the S2 driver fixes out today. The "built-in" drivers provided by Hubitat are working right?

2 Likes

@ericm Thank you! Yes, the built-in S2 drivers work, but the Inovelli drivers don't work when a switch is connected with S2 auth

1 Like

Ok, good, glad that you have a work around for now. We are working on the drivers still and will let you know when they are available.

1 Like

Thanks for the update :slight_smile: