Hub Release 2.0
We are pleased to announce Release 2.0 of the Hubitat Elevation platform. After months of development effort, extensive testing, and great help from many of our users as beta testers, this new release marks a big step forward. Release 2.0 features an entirely redesigned user interface with many new features and ease of use throughout. Yet, you will immediately know your way around, and intuitively grasp how it works. All of the features you've grown accustomed to are still available, simply improved. We've emphasized local mobile-device access to the interface. We've added users and secure login. We've added Lock Code Manager. The list of features is long (see below).
Take a look:
Please note, the update process takes about a minute to download and extract the hub update (depending on your Internet connection), and 1-2 minutes to perform the update after you click 'Update Hub'. We recommend that you periodically download a backup of your setup from the Settings page, Backup and Restore. Now, before you update to Release 2.0, would be a good time to do that.
Special Note for Release 2.0: If, for whatever reason, you decide to roll back to a prior 1.1.x release after upgrading to 2.0, you may want to restore your database to its last 1.1.x version as well. If you don't, nothing bad will happen, but inputs for devices on device pages will have extraneous text displayed. We've upgraded device inputs to have meaningful headings, a feature missing in prior versions.
Changes from 1.1.7:
Platform Additions / Changes
- Features major update of platform user interface.
- User interface optimized for mobile access.
- Help / Documentation links now integrated.
- Secure Login to Web Interface available through new User Administration.
- 12 / 24 hour time display in now option in Location.
- Dashboards now built into Web Interface (if installed).
- System Events now combines Location and Hub Events.
- Component Devices are now listed separately in Device List.
- Apps shows built in apps and user apps (if any installed) install buttons separately and pop-up now has a search.
- Apps user interface (UI) is now dynamic (no postbacks / refresh of the page needed).
- Apps UI now has a gear icon to take you to its status page.
- Apps UI now has better error handling.
- Apps UI has “?” documentation link for Apps.
- Apps and Devices List has card and table views and defaults to card view on mobile devices.
- Device Detail View now has input labels and descriptions for commands as well as a color picker, drop downs for inputs and enforces any required fields for commands.
- Location and Modes have been moved to Settings and are on separate tabs.
- Apps and Driver Editor enhancements including tabs/spaces, word wrap toggle, and option to import code from a url.
- Logs and Past Logs now can be searched.
Drivers and Devices
- New drivers:
- Onkyo AVR (EISCP LAN driver)
- Denon AVR (Telnet LAN driver)
- Generic Z-Wave Acceleration Sensor
- Lutron Thermostat
- Jasco Z-Wave Motion Dimmer
- New devices:
- Iris Motion Sensor new version supported under Generic Zigbee Motion Driver
- Centralite Perl Thermostat new version supported under Generic Zigbee Thermostat
- Lutron HVAC controller and thermostat
- HomeSeer HS-LS100+ supported under Generic Z-Wave Water Sensor
- Zooz Outdoor Motion Sensor (ZSE29) supported under Generic Z-Wave Motion Sensor
- New driver features
- Generic Z-Wave Dimmer and Generic Z-Wave Switch now use low priority Z-Wave messages for polling
- Generic Zigbee and Z-Wave lock support multiple code lengths
- Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switch, additional preference options added
New Built-in Apps
- Lock Code Manager
- Yeelight Integration
New Built-in App Features
- Z-Wave Poller:
- Added support for Rule Machine actions to start/stop polling.
- Rule Machine
- Added actions for start/stop Z-Wave Poller.
- Add optional rule condition truth logging
- Button Controller
- Added action for HSM Armed Night.
- Lutron Integration
- Now supports Lutron Thermostat devices.
- Motion Lighting
- Added optional logging.
- Scene: fixed capture of non-integer hue/saturation/colorTemperature/level values.
- Rule Machine:
- Fixed relative device subscription for heating/cooling setpoints.
- Fixed scheduling of after-sunset conditions and triggers.
- Changed Periodic triggers to fire at :00 instead of :11.
- Mode Manager: Fixed double mode set bug for earlier of two times option.
- Hubitat Safety Monitor: Fixed Custom Rule alert when disarmed.
- Hue Bridge Groups Driver no longer triggers refresh after 5 seconds.
- Nest Integration now supports custom OAUTH2 Credentials.
- Hubitat Dashboard: now supports armedNight and updates status correctly.
- Maker API enforces device selection properly.
- Google Home Integration: fixed various bugs and added optimizations.
- GE 45857 dimmer (Generic Zigbee Dimmer driver) fixed for not turning on with level values less than 30.
- Fix Generic Zigbee lock driver not working with slower Zigbee radios.
- Group device (Group Bulb Dimmer driver) fixed for setting level being reflected.