Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Outdoor Motion Sensor ZSE29

Will this work with Hubitat?

scroll down and you'll find:
"Zooz Outdoor Motion Sensor (ZSE29) supported under Generic Z-Wave Motion Sensor"

Perfect - thank you. Didn't see that.

if you get one would you mind taking a photo of the "micro" usb port that powers it? I'm trying to figure out how they weatherproofed that....

sure - i've got 4 on order now

I’m not sure it is... from the website:

To mount the unit find a sheltered area, without direct sunshine or exposure to rain, within range of your Z-Wave hub (some drizzle is fine). Make sure the installation location is a clean, flat, and dry surface.

I've got one sitting in my office now. It linked up to Hubitat just fine. It can be used "outside" but it is not completely water or even weather-proof. Instructions say to be used in a covered location like a porch or carport.
Funny as I have been using a generation one Zigbee SmartThings motion sensor on my front porch for years without problems.
I also have an Ecolink motion sensor on my carport. It's been there over a year and working well.

My thought was the areas that I'm installing them I really don't want to change batteries. I'm not a fan of 50 devices that use batteries. My other option in the homeseer
HomeSeer HS-FLS100+
for a similar price and it's line driven. I guess the battery powered one if you don't have line power nearby. I've got a few of the Homeseer ones now testing and so far pretty good. Hey, at least we have some real outdoor options now!

The USB adapter fits in the battery compartment and has a "pig tail" that is used to plug in the micro-USB. I would think you could cover that connection with some heat shrink tubing (preferably with adhesive) and make that very water tight if needed.

Power cord:

Insert:

1 Like

Here is the instruction regarding mounting:

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for! Some "Duct Seal" around the connection would seal it.

These are great devices, I’ve just ordered 4 more. Love how tunable they are to help with pets and false alerts.