Hey all I am in the process of building a dashboard / control app for hubitat. I realize that there is the native and a couple of other third parties out there, they just don’t fit the look/feel I need and want. I needed a new side code project, so have started this.
It is a react-native code base using the MakerAPI to access Hub. So it will run like native on IOS and android devices. I have most of the function working and am working on adding some stuff I wanted.
I figured now it’s a good time to ask other what they would like to see added or feel is missing currently? As I’m sure there are needs out there I don’t see/need but would be easy enough to implement.
- Control hubitat devices and see status of hubitat sensors/motion/etc
- Implement a full video feed UI for Unifi Protect camera feeds into the dashboard (this requires scrypted server to be running as well, so will support any camera scrypted currently does)
- Clean/ native looking interface (not a fan of the weird tile w/background interface personally).
- This is mainly to be driven by tablets/larger screens located around house to drive/monitor automation. (May support a simpler version for phones/smaller devices)
- Support add/remove of devices and custom layout to an extent it stays easy and functional.
- Support icon per device type, custom color themes etc.
- This is focused on whole home control not per room as much.
- Implement better looking/native Sonos control
Like I said I have some free time and have wanted this for a while. Current dashboards/3rd party require a steep learning curve to setup and I’m hoping to avoid that. Granted I know HE as a whole has a learning curve.
Thanks and cheers!