New C8 Doesn't connect to local ethernet network

I'm trying to get my new C8 hub connected to my local area network for the first time. I connected the hub via the supplied ethernet cable, powered up the hub, then tried to get it registered via go.hubitat.com. The hub LED changed from blue to green, however it cannot be found. I looked at the connected devices on the router admin page and it does not appear. I then tried to reserve an IP address, as I had with my C7 and it did not take the assigned address. Both the hub and my PC are on the same network. I unplugged the C8 and plugged it back in, and also pressed the reset button. Still no connection.

Any Ideas?
Thanks

Are you seeing connectivity lights on the switch port the hub is plugged into? For giggles, using a toothpick or paper clip, press and hold the network reset button on the bottom of the hub (only round hole out of all the square ones)

Yes I see activity and I tried the reset button.

Another port on the switch? Do you have any vlans going on?

I tried different ports. It's actually connected to the same port my C7 was plugged into. There are no VLans.

I just moved the connection from a gigabit switch to the router itself and the error light on the ethernet port on the router is orange. I believe that indicates a bad ethernet connection. All of the other status lights are green, I tried another ethernet cable and the results are the same. I'm beginning to think this C8 is defective.

Open a warranty claim here:

Thank you!

Orange usually means 100mb as that is the speed of the hubitat.

I tried finding out what orange meant in the router manual. I couldn't find anything. As a last resort I had my ISP reboot the router, but the results with the C8 are the same. I'm back up on the C7 without any issues.

If you change ports or move stuff around it can confuse the router. Tey rebooting the router and any switches and look in the router logs or lan status .for the ip that has the mac address of the hub. The search didn't work on my c8 either
. I had to .manially put in the ip.

The router was rebooted. Unfortunately, the Hub never shows up on the connected devices page via the router admin. I can't enter an IP as it apparently doesn't have one. I tried in the hub search to use the mac address and it also failed.

Hi Jimmy , take a look over here, similar issue

Or here

Just an update: The great folks at Hubitat immediately sent out a replacement hub after I filled in a warranty claim. It's expected tomorrow but I won't install it until Saturday. I'll update this topic then. Thanks to all.

2 Likes

Replacement C8 working perfectly. Thank you guys at Hubitat Service.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.