[NEW APP] Room Lighting

Just add Turning Off option to Turn Off even if partially off, and see if that fixes it.

1 Like

I've added it in. Dunno how to confirm though since this really was a "stars aligned" kind of problem.

I admit I haven't read all the thread - I recall there was a sylvania bulb driver that wouldn't handle 100 correct - but would handle 99. probably ancient history but I used to run those older sylvanias they were - rough. to say the least.

Another weird one or maybe just a misunderstanding for me. I have three Sengled bulbs in a ceiling fan. I have the indicator set to the "set per table" option. The activator device does not update to "on" when using it and the lights are set per the table. If I set the indicator to "allOn", then it all works like I would expect (e.g. the activator device turns "on" once all the lights are set).

RL Setup:

Logs:

Activator device:

Actual CT is 3003, and target CT is 3000. So not set as per table.

CT does this a lot, doesn't actually support every value.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Yeah, just put in 3003 instead of 3000.

1 Like

Well...I went to do just that. Since then, the time period changed and they should all be red (I did adjust the CT value in the time period table). Now the same RL instance is flat not working. Just getting an error whenever activating from the RL page or from the activator device by turning the device on.

Setup

Logs activating from RL page

Logs from turning on activator

What release are you on?

Please update to 2.3.4.122. Then show the error in the logs.

No change:

13 line change for the error.

That's very strange, because you'd think every instance that sets color would fail. Nothing has changed with this code for many releases, and your app used to work, right?

Set the level for each bulb on the main page, to any value, even 100. See if that fixes it or not.

Also, post a screenshot for the portion of App Status page Application State for the objects that start with capDevs...

Same error after adjusting all three (99,98, and 97).

Did this instance work before?

Yeah...although it is used infrequently.

I don't have an issue nuking it and recreating to see if I get the same error.

I have one similar that has no problems. The value that it's puking on is an integer, so that looks like some sort of corruption. And, hundreds if not thousands of others that have RL set colors with no problem....

You're just special.

Maybe it's time for a soft reset?

Is that from a new instance?