[NEW APP] Room Lighting

Interestingly, while it is removing it from the UI display, it does create the subscription to fire from it. And it does fire the app when then variable turns true. Just have to find why it's vanishing from the UI.

Update: This has been found and fixed for 2.3.3 release.

2 Likes

Thanks--you're always incredibly responsive!

1 Like

You can still use the app with the variable trigger. But before you hit Done you have to put that variable back in the setting. Then it will work. But if you hit Done with it not there, it probably would not work.

I have a bit of an odd one here - at least I think I do...it's entirely possible I'm defining it wrong :wink:

I'm using Room Lighting to turn on a few lights in my office using motion sensors

As you can see from the State above, the Office LED #2 doesn't come on. If I click the red circle, the State changes as expected
Capture

However, the light itself very briefly turns on when I do this, then immediately goes off again, although the State in RL stays as on (see above), and indeed the Device page also indicates it is on

Furthermore, I can correctly control the Device from the Device page (on/off/flash)

I have turned on Debug and this is what I see in the logs for the Office LED #2 when Activating via RL. The light does not turn on

When I turn on the LED #2 from the Device page I see this in the logs. The light does turn on

These lights are all exposed to Google Home, and turning then on/off via "Hey Google..." works as expected

What am I missing here?

You need to look at the logs for Room Lights, not the device, to see what is going on. If you turn on Debug Logging in Room Lights, it will show when the devices respond to commands. But, I'd look first without that on, just to see if in fact the device is being commanded.

Thanks Bruce. I couldn't see anything obvious with Debug off. I turned on Debug and triggered Activate from within RL

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:34.972 debugEvent: Office Light #1 switch on

dev:6432022-08-06 18:09:34.947 infoOffice Light #1 switch is on

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:34.266 debugEvent: Office Light #2 switch on

dev:1642022-08-06 18:09:34.109 infoOffice Light #2 was turned on [digital]

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:34.084 debugEvent: Office LED #1 switch on

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:34.008 debugEvent: Office LED #2 switch on

dev:5792022-08-06 18:09:33.993 infoOffice LED #1 was turned on

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:33.991 debugEvent: Office Desk Light switch on

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:33.968 infoon: Office Light #2

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:33.931 infosetColor: Office LED #1, level: 100

dev:6752022-08-06 18:09:33.888 infoOffice LED #2 was turned on

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:33.885 infosetColorTemperature: Office Light #1, temp: 6500, level: 100

dev:22022-08-06 18:09:33.837 infoOffice Desk Light was turned on [digital]

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:33.826 infosetColor: Office LED #2, level: 100

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:33.791 infoon: Office Desk Light

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:33.767 infoActivating for All Modes

app:11562022-08-06 18:09:33.758 infoActivate from 'Office Lights'

Please use a screenshot of logs, not copy/paste. Sorry, but I can't read those.

Would love to see random color as well. My kids enjoy it

So it appears that every device is being commanded on, and each responded as expected. So I'm missing what is happening here. Those lights did not report turning off, at least not in the timeframe of the logs shown.

Exactly....everything seems to be ok, but it isnt. So I'm confused as to what is happening. Is there any more data i could collect, to help diagnosis?

Given that the app is acting as we expect, that pretty much leaves the device. Could something else be commanding it? Look at the In Use By section at the bottom of the device page to see what apps touch this device.

I'm having an issue with the Room Lighting scene not having the correct status:

As you can see, all the switches are set per the table, and there is still no indication that its activated. This persists after a page reload or after I click on the update button. I have the force option set because otherwise it would not activate, which may have something to do with the issue below.

Also, I am having an issue with the Upstairs Hall Lights. Whenever I click on the red O to turn it on, it comes up with a red X. This device is a Lutron Dimmer, and has always worked 100% of the time and reports correct status within the rest of Hubitat, just not within Room Lighting. See pictures below:

Edit: I just realized that the red x only comes up when the device has the activation settings switch option set to off. When it's set to on, it correctly controls the light. Weird!

This sounds like a bug in the logic that drives the red x. If you turn on Debug logging in the app it shows the devices responding to commands that are sent to them. This should help sort out what is going on. The Force function is s means to overcome what the app thinks the state of the lights are, which is a function of how they report their state, or not. But, it could be that the same logic flow that gives the red x is the source of the problem. I will look into it.

I turned on debugging in the room lighting app and clicked a bunch of times on the red O to turn it on and off, and this is all I got in the logs:
Capture
Then the red X showed up.

It's never turning it on, so the light doesn't actually change state, and that explains the red x (no report from the light in response to the command). The bug is that it's not turning it on from clicking on that circle, no doubt due to the off in the Activation Settings.

Hi Bruce, sorry for the delay, I was away from home for a while

The only apps that touch this device are Room Lighting and Google Home. Google Home works fine to control it, as I already explained. And control via the Device page works fine. Only control via RL is not working

Ok thanks!

Found two related bugs here. Fix will be in next release.

1 Like

I'm also seeing the "force" option turn a device on upon activation, even if it's not set to turn on in the activation column. Not sure if that's correct behavior or not

Edit: I don't want to have to use the force option, but the status of my lights in room lighting is all wacky and doesn't reflect the actual status on the device's page, so the scenes aren't activating correctly. Not sure if this is related to bug recently found