Neo Coolcam

Has anybody managed to get the Neo Coolcam 2 button light switch to work?

Cheers Pete

Sounds like a no then :slight_smile: this works well on the Samsung ST controller with the Device drivers from Hongfat Tan. However on the Hubitat it is seen as a Generic Zwave Relay/switch and you can control it from the Hub but it doesnt register a button press (only one button works) on the hub unless you refresh. These switch/relays are great value for money and I was surprised there was no support for them. What do I have to do to get the hub to register a button press.

Cheers pete

OK so playing time tonight, if you load the Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Switch Device Type it sees the switch and also controls the switch both buttons, however when you try to create a rule or button controller or simple lighting it doesnt give you the choice of which switch too use, in the devices it shows 3 switches and the first does both and then 1 and 2 operate their respective buttons, but you cannot define the switches in rules, any help appreciated, I created a simple lighting rule and it only shows the device not the seperate switches

Pete

got a driver with the same name, did the Hubitat migration and it saves "attached" to a virtual device. LOTS of Preferences, sheesh!! I noticed a log error of:

dev:288 2018-07-24 15:50:52.794:error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object on line 350 (updated)
dev:288 2018-07-24 15:50:52.756:debug Executing 'configure'
dev:288 2018-07-24 15:50:52.752:debug Preferences have been changed. Attempting configure() and update

I usually see that error when there's a Preference left blank (null). So... make sure you put something in every Preference field. :slight_smile:

RuleMachine has Custom Commands to access the "hidden" commands within a driver. You'll want to create a Custom Command to expose it to RM... then you will find them to build a Rule around.

scap

You'll want to end up with something like:

scap

And then in RM you'll be able to construct Rules such as:

Hmmm I think I.m missing something here, I have defined the custom command and it looks like your example above. So how do I now make a rule that when I press a button on the light switch it turns on a defined light?

Cheers pete

In the Action, be it for True or False or Both, you select Custom Commands

scap

then

scap

It can be used in Virtual devices as above (allowing me to ask Siri or Alexa to turn on/off the fan, or in a more traditional way:

scap

Thanks for your help, I think I have done this but there is no reponse when the light switch is pressed. I can turn the light switch button lights on and off by testing and they turn the leds on the light switch on and off but do not perform the command to turn other the light on.

I'm not sure I understand what's working /not...

Message 3 of this thread said you had a Fibaro driver "working" except for splitting the two internal switches.

Everything I've detailed is strictly about "exposing the hidden commands" of that fibaro driver.

The faceplate buttons are internally wired to control the internal switches, I believe. If those were working and now are not.. something else other than exposing the commands has occurred.

Hi let me go over this again, I have a Neo Coolcam relay light switch which has two buttons, in ST there is a driver and child driver to split these buttons apart and works very well, being a Hubitat newbie I thought I would port this over from the ST Hub. However there was no driver for it but it is detected and will work with the generic zwave switch but only one button is recognised. It has many of the attributes of the fibaro f222 relay so I thought I would load this driver and see what happens. Bingo the driver sees the relays and when you press the buttons it registers them as s1 on/off and s2 on/off so in my simplistic mind I thought...result. On the original ST Hub config the first button on the light switch directly controls a set of hall lights using the relay of the switch and the second button when pressed operates a Philips Hue bulb using a rule. So I thought the Hubitat fibaro driver detects the buttons being pressed so just create a rule that when button 2 is pressed turn on Philips Hue bulb, I first tried with the simple lighting and it worked! except of course both switches control the hue light as there is no choice as to which switch to choose in this rule just the device. So what I want to do is to detect the second button being pressed and then turn on the Philips Hue bulb, I thought I could use the Rule engine as you described but thinking about it it isn't looking at the press of the button is it? It is allowing a separate device to control the relays I think. many thanks for your help, not too sure where to go from here but always open to suggestions.

Cheers Peter

I don't have the device.. I better look it up :smiley: and get some facts straight in my mind.

Fundamentally the question is (now) is this a 4-in-1 (two buttons, plus two relays)

From your initial "it's working" that I read, I was thinking it's just two relays with buttons internally connected to the relays.

The wiring diagram makes it seem like this is a dual relay only. The Fibaro 222 is identical to the Enerwave and Qubino dual relays. Those products support physical switches that drive the relays along with ZWave. All my advice was based on that assumption, and using that assumption, the glass physical switches on the Neo Coolcam device should function the same EXCEPT they also drive the include/exclude ZWave function.

You may wish to give the Enerwave driver a try:

Tried the Enerwave and as you sugested works prety much the same way as the Fibarro, maybe I am being a bit naive but the driver responds to the button presses and the log shows them as well

so surely I should be able to capture this and use it to trigger an action?

Pete

Oh that's great news. Yes, Button Controllers (Hubitat Native) or Advanced Button Controller are Apps for exactly that purpose.

[ Apps: Load new App: Button Controllers] Then start building :smiley:

Those are not BUTTON events. Those a SWITCH events. If this Driver is not using the Composite Driver model (i.e. Parent/Child) it should really be converted. This way, both of the switch devices will show up as a unique Hubitat device, thereby eliminating all of the custom stuff.

Yes, @ogiewon it seems to be a unique device. 4 devices in one. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a Composite Driver for something like this. As I've mentioned a few times, I don't have one to experiment with, and I can't think of anywhere I'd use one, if I did get it. :slight_smile:

This is the driver for the Smartthings Hub, there is also a child driver, the unit is quite useful as it replaces my hall light switch and can control by relay built in or trigger from touch buttons

I have been able to modify and install the hngtat driver, and it works for 1 switch, but I am unsure how to link the child device, this is installed but not too sure where to go from here. Any help appreciated, BTW these switches/relays are good devices and very good value for money coming in at ÂŁ15

Cheers Pete

It looks like two switches in a single package to me. There is no “Button” capability defined in SmartThings per the code listed above. Maybe the buttons are just local control toggles, I think. We can ignore those local buttons and just focus on the two switches. The buttons will just produce Physical Switch On/Off Events based on the events listed above.

Fix line 406 to create the child device, using Hubitat’s minor tweak to the add child device call.

Is there anything I need to modify in the child device to port it to Hubitat?

Pete