[Needs work] Home Tracker - Track the coming and going of house members with announcements and push messages

Here we go! New version on gitHub...

Child:
V2.0.4 - 10/03/19 - LOTS of changes, added some rule machine options, lock codes can be used as presence sensors and name will be added to the announcement. Greetings have returned! Be sure to load up each child app and fill in the missing pieces!

1 Like

Love your work Brian, thanks for this.
I'm not seeing the lock code option. I can select the lock, but no way to select the lock code.

I expected something like this...

Previous implementation would announce welcome and arrival and because the person also used the lock would announce them again because of the lock. Did I miss this configuration?

Thanks

Nope, no need to select lock users, simply select the lock you want to keep track of. It will check who unlocked it (based on Lock Code Manager) and add the name to the arrival list. It will also remove any duplicates before making the announcement.

So when you say duplicates is this correct:

Scenario 1:
Presence arrivals

• Cat in the Hat
  • Hot Wife
  • Thing 1
  • Thing 2

Door unlocked by Thing 1

Announcement - Cat in the Hat, Hot Wife, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are home!

Scenario 2:
Presence arrival

• Hot wife

Door Unlocked by Thing 3:

Announcement - Hot wife and thing 3 are home!

Correct?

That is correct!

1 Like

My 5uo is going to love this!

1 Like

Another question....

Is it based off the Presence Sensor name or the Friendly name? Just checking to see which names I need to keep in sync between Lock Code Manager, Presence and Home Tracker.

The Friendly names would need to match the Lock Code Manager name.

In reality, it just looks at the list and makes sure that each name in the list is unique. If it finds any duplicates, it removes one of them.

1 Like

New version on gitHub... Thanks to @aaron for the code additions!

Note: Be sure to go into the parent app and hit done to exit and save the new settings.

Parent:
V2.0.1 - 10/04/19 - added pronunciation to friendly names (aaronward)

Child:
V2.0.5 - 10/04/19 - Support for pronunciation of Presence Sensor names (aaronward)

Haven't updated to today, but I did get this error.

Based on the error message...

Under, Message Options, Departed Message Options, make sure the 'Closing message' is not blank. If you don't want to use it, simply put a '.' (period) in there.

I don't know if it's an error that happens just to me, but Hubitat doesn't allow me to save message settings because required fields (greeting messages) are missing, even if I have strings inside them..

Just noticed that you have released a combined version of Welcome Home and Departures and Arrivals which I love both of these. Is there an advantage to updating to this version?

Yup, this is the only one that is supported. :grin:

Seriously though, there are a few extras in this version that neither app had when separate. Also, much neater coding.

OK, I will update. Did you happen to get sonos speakers working in this so that they will resume what they were playing after the message is spoken?

I don't have any Sonos speakers to test with so you will have to tell me if it's working or not.

OK, I have it going through my echos right now because it wasn't working with sonos. I just wondered.

According to the logs, it says that it spoke but I didn't hear anything. I am using echo dots. Do I have to select that they are a speaker proxy device? Also, I have them selected under Music Devices.

Can anybody advise if I have to set echo dots as proxy devices to get them to work?

A proxy is something that reroutes the announcements/sound, like 'Follow Me/What did I say'.

How are you getting the echo's into HE?

Also, I thought you said you were using both Welcome Home and Departures... the speaker setup would be the same as what you were using with those.