[Needs work] Home Tracker - Track the coming and going of house members with announcements and push messages

Sorry, I just got the welcome announcement time and time again, will try to reproduce

Hi @bptworld could you add the URLs to the code please to make it easier to update?

Scrap that may be you did it last time as it worked this time :+1::thinking:

1 Like

Can't reproduce. Forget I asked!

1 Like

New version...

Child
V2.0.3 - 09/14/19 - More tweaking...

Home Tracker is not showing up in Apps Watchdog 2, and I did active the options for it in Home Tracker. It does not show in the 'Developer's' list with your other apps? Do you need to add into the JSON files?

Thanks.

Correct. This is because I still consider this a beta. Once the changes settle down I'll add it to the json.

Speech synth doesn't seem to work logs

for depart its giveing a null on part of the message but again not speaking. I'm getting the notification though

depart messages

the issue seemed to be the . (period) at end of closing. I have it working now but don't think the speaker level is working. Any idea what the null is?

@bptworld I can see what's happening, its restoring the volume before the message is spoken.

Makes sense. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. Thank you.

1 Like

@bptworld

Oh man this app is AWESOME! Of course I have unique use cases and feature requests. :wink:

My list that hopefully you can include:

• Include door-lock codes as part of a potential person. I have presence on everyone but my 4yo. It would be REALLY cool if she unlocked the door with her door code that her name would be included with the rest of the presence users. My thoughts would be to have people as your root to look for and then have options for presence or lock codes
  • Ability to exclude lock codes from the Door Lock Options. I REALLY like this option BUT our presence and lock codes could be same people. Would be weird to have two announcements. If I could exclude lock codes that are being handled by presence this would enable me to welcome guests who I trust with their own lock code.
  • Notification options - music speakers and volume restore. I have code in my NOAA app that will restore music and Echo speakers back to their previous volume settings. This would be preferred as we tend to run music throughout the home and when Welcome Home would announce it would set the restore volume to 75 verses our 20 that the music was playing at.
  • Quiet time - can you include modes verses just times?

Overall very cool app!

1 Like

My list from Welcome Home:

Be our Guest! Be our Guest! Put my service to the test. Welcome home %name%;Chereo %name%. Glad you are home!;%name%. Not much to report besides snoring dogs;Nice to have you back. %name%;Good %greeting%, %name%;%greeting%. Your virtual butler is here to serve. Welcome home %name%;Please to see you, %name%;%greeting%. Anything I can do for you. %name%;Cheers. %name%. Do you need to use the looo?;%greeting% %name%. The dogs have been patiently waiting for your presence.;Konnichiwa, %name%. Just practicing my Japanese this %greeting%.;G'Day %name%. Glad you are home!;Well, look at you %name%. Aren't you absolutely adorable?;Welcome home %name%. I was wondering while you were out, how much wood, can a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck chucked some wood?;Welcome home %name%. Oh the places you go, while I sit here and watch the dogs.;%name% can I tell you a secret? We all missed you!

2 Likes

anyone else seeing errors like this from Google home speaker?

Sorry, I haven't had much time to work on things lately.

Not seeing any issues in that log. Speech Synth is all I use here and everything seems to be fine. Are you still having issues with this?

departures don't support 'is_are' or 'has_have' yet...

Yes, this has been reported in a few different threads. Not home tracker specific but a general Chromecast beta error

I haven't experienced this at all but I'll take a look.

This is already in the works

Will look into the rest as time permits. :wink:

1 Like

yes I'm still seeing the volume getting turned up and then getting restored before the message is spoken. As a work around i just have the restore volume the same as the speech volume

I'm trying this out.
I'm seeing Door Lock as a Presence Sensor. What if some people are tracked by a presence sensor but also have a lock code?

I would assume that almost all that are tracked by presence sensor also have a lock code. Track by code is only for people that don't have a presence sensor available.

'If a person doesn't have presence tracking available, they can still be included in the 'Welcome Home' message by lock code.'

Ok, but I'm unable to pick the lock codes I want to be 'tracked' as presence.
So it seems that those with presence sensors AND lock codes would be announced twice.

Yes?

It shouldn't. It does a check to see if the name associated with the code is already being announced.

BUT, if it's not working correctly... no need to worry. I'm about 90% through a pretty big rewrite of this app.

Hi @bptworld, I've just updated from Welcome Home to Home Tracker, but I'm missing the greeting based on day time, do you have any plan to put it in Home Tracker too?

Thanks

I miss them too, they will be back in the next version

thanks

2 Likes