[Needs work] Home Tracker - Track the coming and going of house members with announcements and push messages

I am using Echo Speaks. In the Welcome Home and Departure apps there was a selection if you were using Echo Speaks. I don't see it in this app.

The box was no longer needed, so it was removed.

Hmm! Well, it isn't speaking anything through the echos. I am not sure how to show you this as the echos weren't setup to log. I copied the Device page for one of the echos. It shows the last spoken sentence as 10/09.

Here is the logging for the app:

Your log looks great, according to that it did speak (Lauren has escaped :grin:). Can you turn on the log for your speaker and try to speak again. Lets see if any errors or something shows up on that side?

OK, but I will have to do it when I get home. I am out at the moment.

Does this speak if everyone is gone?

yes

It seems to be working now! However, when more than one person comes home or leaves it says there names consecutively. IE Lauren Tom arrived home instead of Lauren and Tom arrived. Is there a way to get the "and" between the names?

It should be doing it automatically. Please provide a log of it not doing it.

Thanks

I was doing some testing/messing around on TTS when someone gets home but this error is popping up. Any ideas?

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method currentValue() on null object on line 596 (presenceSensorHandler)

Did you select a 'Global Variable' when setting up the app?

Mmmm... I don't believe so, where abouts was that option?

3rd Big green header down...

1 Like

Thanks, I was sure I selected something there but must not have as yeah you are correct it was not set. Thanks again

1 Like

New version on Github...

Child:
2.0.6 - 10/13/19 - Cosmetic changes to Global Variable section and new error message if not used. New option 'auto clear' for message queuing issues.

1 Like

I'm still using welcome home. I had enabled some creative (if I do say-so) welcome messages using combinations of greetings, names, etc. With this version, the greeting is always at the start (e.g. Greeting then opening then closing). Is that correct or did I misunderstand how it works?

For example if I want to have it say "welcome back %name% and %greeting%" or something like that -- I don't see a way to do it in the Home Tracker. Am I missing something?

That is correct. The way speech works in HT is completely different that it was in WH.

Great app! Thank you!

Apologies for my ignorance (new to HE), are there instructions anywhere for how to set up this global variable/virtual device?

Hi,
This installs just like any other virtual device, with the exception of '* Virtual Device must use our custom 'Home Tracker Driver''. Once installed, there isn't any setup within the device. Just install and forget. :grin:

For more information on how to install custom apps and drivers, please visit my docs section on GitHub.

Thanks!

Thank you! Got it :smiley: