My experience with HE

I have it set to "always" using background data for both the 360 and HE app.
theres no other setting for iOS to keep an app active.

hmmm i'll have a closer look at that then.

Yep, we have to wait for @Cobra to take the wrapping off his shiny new toy before I can have a chance to play with that.

so, trying to work out your setup
1= HE + 360
2= 1 + WIFI *
3= 1 + 2

• (with iOS devices when they have been locked for a certain time they fall off/sleep on wifi and so for my setup this isnt 100% reliable + wifi for me you have to practically be in the driveway for it to connect with all the extra wifi traffic in my dense populated area)

I do have mode manager changing the modes, but when the presence bounces in and out MM just does what its told to change the modes.

No 1 is correct and 2 is correct per person then.

Person A + Person B = master presence device for mode manager.

I'm andoid so don't have the issue but WiFi for me is for quick local guaranteed presence to ensure alarm disarming.

2 Likes

i'll have a look and see how I can bind more of these together to hopefully iron out the issue.
thanks~!

I haven't locked down my presence yet, I might wait til @cobra brings his website back up and review it again.
But new toys thanks to my "dealer" @jchurch - I have a fire tablet with fully kiosk browser. I've made my dashboard but as with the desktop version, not all the elements refresh-on-wake, so I can set it to refresh on wake but then whenever you walk past it its going to be constantly refreshing vs seeing the nice dashboard ive made (nice is subjective).

do I leave the dashboard and tell the mrs if she actually wants to see the real values, she needs to refresh the page (kinda defeats the purpose) or does sharptools or those dashboards have live readouts ?

I actually like my stacked list top right as a kinda snapshot of whats been happening so I would kinda prefer to stay with the rigid HE dashboard.

2 Likes

Yes, SharpTools.io dashboards have live readouts. Events are pushed from your hub to your browser (via SharpTools) in real-time. :smiley:

2020-01-22_14-17-46

3 Likes

Hmmm - it is very pretty.
Bah, i'll have to look into sharptools then

2 Likes

Hmm,
I dont think this solved my problem @BorrisTheCat.
I did the example above, but it was kinda the same setup I had before, and testing to today gave the same result of the arrival, departure, arrival within minutes as per the example below.

whats happening is that either the HE iOS app is firing as in the circle, then the same app is firing out of the circle, then back in, and the other (L360) doesnt register/update til later.
having them joint to one PS doesnt really change it, and instead of having "any leave" I have it set to "all leave" and get the same result regarding the pairing of presence sensors for the one "Steve Phones"

2020-01-26%20(1)

But that's just GPS you then need to combine the device that they create with a WiFi one to create another one

2 GPS presence device (1,2) in to one device (A)
WiFi presence (3) combined with A AND 3 to make another presence device (B1)

B1 is what you use per person.

Then you combine all your people to one device. B1 + B2 + B3 ex = C

C is what you use to trigger your modes and house states.

Wait I just seen you dashboard which shows the above :grinning::+1:. Let me look again.

Ok how long is your WiFi presence time out? Also you have iOS don't you? Your need to ensure your GPS zone is bigger on iOS there just crappy. Your WiFi presence needs to be 2 mins min and your need to set to settings up to not be sleepy.

Wifi times out with iphone alot, cant control that. IE when the screen locks for 5mins the wifi sleeps.
Larger geofence for L360 / HE or Both ?

Both, would be needed.

I currently have them both set to 320m - is that good or too small ?

If it's jumping in and out that often then it's too small.

1 Like

are you using the stock HE 360 or a community one ?
im using the community one from BPT, would that make a difference ?

I'm using both some people on one others on the other. This is a relatively new change and no it didn't make a difference but I don't have iOS. Your probably need to extend your radius and make some iOS settings changes. Do you have high accuracy turned on?

high accuracy is turned on on both phones, chews through the battery something crazy - but that hasnt seemed to help.
Will try extending the radius

mrs has disconnected my new shelly siren from @jchurch as the presence didnt fire and the alarm was blaring at her when she walked in the door :slightly_frowning_face:

Ouch!.. you could unplug the siren so only the LEDs are going and play around with it a bit more until you reach a level of comfort.

EDIT: I just use Wifi presence app and it's reliable on both our Android phones. Have you tried that?

Wifi only seems to register when im inside the house even though one of my satellites is in the garage

This is my issue.
Well out of the geofence and high accuracy on

I never found geofence apps reliable enough so I simply stopped using them. I have Ubiquiti WiFi so the coverage is very good and haven't had any issues. What sort of WiFi APs do you have can you add another one closer to the door to extend range slightly on entry?

Also I personally have a count down in HSM up to 2mins upon tripping the sensor, you could set the same so by the time it triggers upon entry you'd then be on WiFi? Something to try out anyway and as I said remove the siren and leave the LEDs flashing for a bit while testing.

2 Likes