My experience with HE

Hey Ken,
I more I go on the more I am thinking this as well. I have 4 power plugs/sockets I use for bulbs/fans/etc and about 14 yeelight bulbs (wifi). The yeelights are always having telnet issues and support have said that "something" is causing the connection to stop/close the telnet socket.
Problem is the yeelight app is a stock HE one and ive been having this problem for months.

1 Like

To update this i've moved my wemos off HE and set them on the own schedule / iOS. next will be to move the Tp link plugs off HE and just have to control them manually with the iOS app (maybe replace them with zigbee/zwave ones). And maybe I need to move my sensibos back off HE as well and use the Alexa plugin.
Just annoying as these are "smart devices" but without offical support I cant have them on my hub without issues.

I've seen exactly the same thing with my custom LAN/Cloud drivers so you are not alone. I reduced the events the same way with a simple conditional check.

1 Like

Fast polling is off and the refresh rate is 30mins. I don’t anticipate that causing any issues.

Yep - didnt think it would/could

1 Like

I am in the process of updating the Drivers for the plugs. It will check the received state versus the current system state and then update only if there is a change. It will increase processing.

Suggestion: Fast polling should only be used IF you need the fidelity. I did this reluctantly but with the realization that YOU own the hub, not me. I can not guarantee the performance for rapid polling in all circumstances and the HUBITAT team should not have to either. It is stressing the system beyond intent.

Dave

I said I wasnt going to do this, but bloody hell when this hub runs without issue for a few weeks its bliss. Also got myself two of the HGZB-FS fan controllers and so keen to tie them in and give them a run (I need about 7 in total) they look a lot nicer in person than the listing.

1 Like

This is actually a very confusing issue, for the Ikea documentation, itself, both online and included with the product, claims that their Trådfri Zigbee lamps require an Ikea hub, but also that they are Zigbee certified. As a test, I ordered one of their 1,000 lumen A19 CT lamps and two of their candelabra base lamps (the only such lamps I can locate on the market). The former paired immediately as a generic Zigbee CT lamp, but, at first, the candelabra base lamps wouldn't pair and, apparently, I couldn't reset them according to supplied instructions. I did a little research and found that the lamps do reset, but they don't flash as advertised when this is done, and that they must be close to the hub when pairing. I found an old candelabra table lamp, set it next to my Hubitat Elevation C-5, and they paired immediately. I then moved them to wall sconces in another room, and they continue to work perfectly. So, Ikea is just trying to sell their hubs though they're not necessary. I do have a minor issue with the 1,000 lumen CT lamp in that, in the normal warm white color temperature range, they appear a bit greenish, but that's just a nit. Good luck, Jeff.

Hello Steve:
I see that you're getting Nue (Zigbee) equipment.
I recently got two of their outlets, to replace 2 Orvibo (Livingwise) Zigbee outlets.

First of all, I must admit that I'm writing this from a North American perspective - your mileage may vary!
They are very unusual (i.e. different) because:

1. the electrical box part is VERY large - almost didn't fit into a standard NA metal outlet box
  2. there is a thick glass plate on the outside(customer facing) part of the outlet (just like your switch) which makes it stick out from the wall! (And, is very obvious!)
  3. they didn't have 2 outlets - just one, with 2 USB slots

They are also one of the very few sources of outlets that are Zigbee.
(Sinope is coming out with one in the new year).

1 Like

cheers for that info - very keen to get it installed and see how it all fits up.

Ok, pretty much the largest piece of my puzzle left is Presence.
It has confused and frustrated me to no end and I need it nailed down.

I currently have:
My iphone

• HE app running high battery accuracy option
  • Life360 free version
  • static IP wifi presence driver

My wifes iphone

• HE app running high battery accuracy option
  • Life360 free version
  • static IP wifi presence driver

Then I have combined presence, that if HE, L360 or wifi see someones home, set to correct mode, if either HE or L360 leave, set mode to away

but the problem is they keep bouncing between home and away as per the example.

How can I fix this, I want Perfect Presence.

I think I’m combining Life360 AND HE App AND WiFi presence into a single virtual Combined Presence Device then using that to change Modes.
I’m currently unable to confirm that but am pretty sure that’s how it works.
It’s been working very well for me.
I have one of these virtual Combined devices for every person.

thats my exact setup and its broken

I’ll be able to log back into my system this evening, Bangkok time as I hate using TViewer via my phone. :blush:
Just out of interest, as it’s been months since I touched my presence setup, did you happen to have a few goes at configuring the App and virtual driver ?
In the past I’ve had good success with getting things, that I’m pretty sure are correct, to be working, by deleting and recreating the App and or Drivers.

but then, when she gets home no issue and ive changed nothing..

home GF - I have 360 set to 320m GF and HE set to 290m GF

My wife didn’t like Life360 so I’m using Locative with our iPhones set to standard accuracy.

1 Like

ive tried Just 360, and Just HE - and I get the same result with multiple logins and logouts.

Mines been faultless for the few weeks i've been using 360 on mine and the wife's android phones. Are you sure something isn't killing the app or GPS in the background on the phone?

1 Like

Sorry man, I just logged into my HE and I'm not using Combined Presence but Mode Manager to collect and process our presence.

I currently use only 3 Modes, being; Home, Away and Night

1 Like

Best advice I can give with presence is this.

1st I use @Cobra presence central it's brilliant and always been reliable as the code.

2nd I have a virtual GPS presence for each person, a WiFi one then a main presence one.

The GPS has hubitat and life 360 and this is grouped (3) so that they both need to be home to be present but if any leave then there not present. This is because the department was my issue with GPS. The WiFi is the just the standard presence. Which I then grouped them (2) so that it's present is any arrive and not if they all leave.

This is for each person, then most importantly I them group all of my final presence devices into another main one. Again group (2) them as present if any are home and not present if they are all away. This is the one I use in mode manager, this stop's it jumping between modes and changing them when I don't want them to. This then only gets evaluated on true leave or arrive events and at the specified times of day I want the mode to auto change.

2 Likes