My experience with HE

yeah - it made we walk around the room waiving my phone around like a mad man lol
@corerootedxb ah really, just iOS ? thats kinda lame.

1 Like

Yeah, but the timing is a one time action, so borrowing a iOS device for it is possible. The reason why it's iOS only is because apple's mic has always the same result as in it's feedback. Though with all the android devices, the result is different per device and therefore not a workable solution. They could however solve it with selling a external mic for android. But they decided to just don't care.

1 Like

More than kinda. My household is all Android, so meh.

1 Like

Apples better anyway.. #slowlyjogsaway

1 Like

If you compare them to oranges, yeah they are better :joy:

2 Likes

lol, I thought they were still calling them ice-creams not fruits yet!

1 Like

So a mate of mine came over today, and we have always gone toe to toe with HA stuff. He went from vera to ST and just finished up his new house build. I showed him the HE and he was blown away. Pretty sure we have a new convert. Also helped me understand RM4 a bit better as I explained my struggles - so maybe y'all can take a back seat and he can take me under his wing!

4 Likes

I used to think so until I really started using Samsung Pay. Mag strip technology = Being able to pay anywhere with my watch (even if they don't have NFC) = #WINNING. :wink: LOL

1 Like

Alright, so be gentle with me y'all - but TTS. I tried all the echo ones and the google ones and it was for the most part a headache. I bought the ikea/sonos speaker and its bliss (but GD I wish it had a 3.5mm aux in). Anywho..

How do I set the volume per notification?
*yeah ok so I use music device not speech and the option showed up lol.

alright, so i am freaking stoked with my setup, making slight changes here and there but its been bullet proof and loving it... but like, whats next lol.
I need to build out some HSM stuff, I need to tweak some stuff here and there. I have no idea on making my dashboards pretty.
Its also hella nice to mix up the usual routines and see whats missing in the system (the other day the neighbours kid came and let the house cat out cause he left a door open, so plugged in a notification if that specific door was left open for more than 2 minutes).
I might want to look into the zigbee wall fan controllers / hook them in with temp sensors etc but that a perm fixing VS all the portable stuff I have right now.
Nailed my washing machine RM, happy with that, it even adapted to the Mrs doing a double load back to back and I thought it might of cut off the power mid cycle but nup - all good.

1 Like