My experience with HE

what size area would you say you are covering and how many devices @njanda ?

@mike, I don’t have any “ 3asmarthome switches?“ either. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah good questions.
It’s not a big house and my hub is very central but on the first floor of my Sydney home.
Device count is approx close to 20 devices in constant deployment with a couple extras as “testers”. Mixed ZWave and Zigbee
I’ve got a couple of Zwave repeaters and this will make two Zigbee repeaters to provide an alternate route for my Iris Motions. I’ll be getting another this month as I have to spread the purchases. Lol

1 Like

I'm really hoping for some Tradfri sockets in Ikea soon. That way I can buy a device that's useful on two fronts - repeater and switch.

2 Likes

ill give the zigbee mesh heal a go tomorrow.
need to kill off these wemo bulbs and the ikea one.

I'm hoping these lamps will be good repeaters as they are designed as zigbee 3.0.

but their hub is HA 1.2 and when i spoke to the guy he had a mix of everything and doesnt have a issue with the mesh. They should already be in aus?

Their website only lists UK locations, nothing outside of there.

What would be the issue with this repeater ? (if you knew @mike.maxwell)
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:High Ram, [null, 0000] via [Ebay repeater 4, 25EE]

Thats funny. There's no "i" in Avatar, so the slang is based on a misspelled word.

Go figure. I assumed you had a video posted in some link on your profile...as in .avi. I must be old too. LOL

S.

1 Like

So i switched off the zigbee bulbs in my mesh and shutdown the hub. Waited 30mins to be safe and restarted the hub. I checked the routing table and only a afew of the devices showed, so i went and activated them (MS, Buttons, door sensors) and once I saw them all I turned the zigbee bulbs back on.
I noticed when i turned the zigbee bulbs off, the MS that werent reporting came straight back to life. Will keep an eye on their activity and if they change routing/repeaters but happy with that so far as i can see they have all chosen the repeaters now.

1 Like

There must be a Aussie website as they said that's the 1st place they launched (you were their guinea pigs :wink:)

https://auroralighting.com/au/aone

Wow that's weird. I've never heard of them down here but I have just emailed them via their Contact Form asking where they are selling their Zigbee lamps and sensors.
Lets see what comes back.
Thx heaps for the "heads up"

2 Likes

I'm interested in there plans for their future product lines!

So I have an ikea bulb, directly linked to the hub.
Its in my garage and less that 1m from my hub. I have seen it on the zigbee routing table but right now its On, and wont turn off. Hitting refresh and configure on the device gets it to show up in the table as "in discovery" but then drops off the table.
Any thoughts ?
I have it connected to a MS - and thought maybe it had given up the ghost but the logs show it as firing, just I guess since the bulb is unresponsive it cant turn it on.

[Garage bulb, 8568], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

So I have this issue with my ikea bulbs, connected to the hue bridge randomly "blinking"
I noticed last night fiddling with the hue hub that both of those ikea bulbs are listed as "unresponsive" on the hue hub.
Now they turn on when asked by HE, and turned off with HE when required, but they were going in and out of responsive when I had the hue hub open.

Do I need to change the channel of the hue hub ?
currently i have an orbi mesh with satellite, a 2.4 wifi router im using for my yeelights/cocoon door video camera and 4 zigbee repeaters.

Are there too many signals going all over the place that is affecting the connection to the bulbs, do I need to buy repeaters for the hue bridge ?

The quality of IKEAs bulbs compared to say Philips Hue is made up by the price. Being from the country of origin a lot of people here have IKEA Trådfri stuff and every now and then a bulb starts acting up, blinking etc. A quick stop to IKEA and you walk away with a new lamp - no questions asked :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah - I agree with your points. Living on a little island here in Aus, I would rather Hue bulbs but in some cases they are 10x the price of the ikea bulbs lol.

I have had issues lately with my hue lamps doing the same thing on the hue hub. The lamps are controllable from HE, but the Hue says they are not responsive, yet will flash them when the icon is touched. I am thinking there is something going on with the Hue firmware. I never had a problem with this until these last few days.

1 Like

so yesterday a sparkie mate came by to change some light fittings (to fit HA bulbs - yeah im that guy now) but didnt know when he was coming so had the HE powered down all day. When I got home I powered up the HE with all kinds of issues.

Modes werent changing, did that manually and they came back to life.

my yeelights were BUSTED. on the yeelight app when you clicked on, they turned off. When I turned the VS on in the YL app, then power cycled the bulb, then they were the right way round. But then HE couldnt control them. Then when I looked after the power out all of the LAN control toggles in the YL app were switched off. So switched them back on. THEN... still not HE controllable I had to go into the device bulb and run the config/refresh thing, That then found the right state and we were off.

• in review maybe I should turn all the yeelights off, power cycle the router, then turn the YL back on (dont know if that will help but no other ideas)

My Hue bulbs, one was unresponsive and had to dick around with that. Power cycling etc.

I do have to say my Zigbee bulbs performed alot better than the wifi ones after a power out.

Then this morning the HSM fired off a motion sensor.. but I only have that set to contact sensors as I have 5 people and a cat - a MS trigger is never going to work. It was armed for "night" but the mode was now day (I have them together in the dashboard) so I disarmed HSM, then went back in and turned them all back on (the equivalent of clicking "done"). hopefully thats worked (I dont have a siren so no one was the wiser on that one).

Then one for @mike.maxwell - this is going to sound crazy but bear with me.
Can a zwave MS and a zigbee MS be tied together with Multizone app ?
The reason:
I have an aeon multi 6 tied to a iris 2 MS, and I had it set to the first MZ (forgive me i forget the name) and it seemed I could get them both to fire within 2 seconds to set off the MZ. So then I set it to the third one (forget the name) and then either of the MS would set it off. Not what I wanted. So I set it back to the first one and the zigbee MS stops responding.
Tried to reset it, battery pull, etc etc. I cant get it back to life, and I have a bunch of nulls now on my zigbee routing table.
So i thought fine, they were cheap enough, pulled out another for the 10pk i got off ebay. Set it up the same way, had the same issue with the MZ above, now this little zigbee MS is having the same issue - completely dead to life. I.AM.CONFUSED.

Is there no way @mike.maxwell that the ikea hub be integrated into HE to control ?
https://learn.pimoroni.com/tutorial/sandyj/controlling-ikea-tradfri-lights-from-your-pi

this is also a really annoying part...
nothing on the hubs changed all day.
it tracks me leaving at 759,
doesnt notify at 807 when the mrs leaves,
tracks her at 9am coming back,
doesnt track her at 231 leaving or 308 returning.

it can tell that she has left, because the mode changes, but it doesn't notify all the time.

like wtf..

As of last last 2 days, my system has actually been *stable (touch wood).
And a big part of that was removing One ikea bulb.
This one ikea bulb had been stealing my motion sensors, contact sensors etc etc. I was watching the zigbee table but sometime coming back the table would be right, then the next time upside down.
I dont mean to jinx myself, but all my automations have been ontime and all the battery powered devices seem to be playing nice.
Leaves me to a point I actually dont want to do any software updates cause its taken me so long to get to something stable I just want to enjoy it for abit.

I am up to the point of even trying multi-zone MS which is pretty cool.

I am having an issue where I am calling 2 front bulbs on in white, green and pink for different events, but sometimes one bulb comes on, sometimes both. Sometimes one turns off early, sometime it doesnt. But thats small fish as I am just trying to enjoy my stable system for now lol.

2 Likes