Midea Mini Split Wifi Support

Maybe I read those too quickly, but it looks like it worked now? Seems like maybe a timing issue between the AC and HE that we'll have to track down if turning on debugging made it work.

The message comes up periodically. Sometimes not for hours.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I didn't realize it was an intermittent issue.

That definitely points to a timing issue -- this uses the rawsocket interface, which is asynchronous and does not have the sort of built-in retries that a protocol like TCP/IP has. So, if either side (HE or the AC) sends a message and the other misses it for some reason, then it is just lost.

The timeout you are seeing is based on a 4 second timeout value that I set for the responses back from the AC after an HE request. This value was based on empirical results from other systems. That feels like an eternity to wait, but maybe yours is just experiencing occasional hiccups that cause it to take longer. Or if the AC drops from the network periodically and never sees the request in the first place then this could happen.

It's hard to tell which of those cases is happening. If you leave debugging on and can share a log of what happens before and after the "wait timed out" message we may be able to deduce what is going on. But it may be difficult or impossible to actually fix, so if it seems to be working otherwise then an occasional error print may be innocuous.

Ill keep the debug on. So far, its been almost an hour and no error.

1 Like

It’s starting to pop now

Interesting...do all of the failures look like that (_authenticate works, _refresh fails)? Maybe it is going too fast from one to the next. I'll hit you up on PM with some customized code to try to track it down.

Looking over my log history. I also have this [error: refresh(): wait timed out] message but only one or twice a day.

1 Like

Going through the last hour or so I have like 5 and they all follow the refresh. Authentication always seems to work.

Just wanted to take a few seconds to say thank you @tomw!!! Your driver is incredible and allowed me to connect my Senville heat pump to my Hubitat. No need to go through my ZXT-120 anymore and now it communicates two way! Thank you very much, you made my Hubitat perfect!! :+1:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Have anyone tested it with Senville split unit model SENA/30HF/T it does have WiFi, I hope I can be more or less sure it works with Habitat before pulling the trigger on it, any comment would be greatly appreciated.

It appears that this is on Nethome Plus, which the Midea and other brand units use. Mine is a Thermocore which looks very similar to the Senville, and works fine with Nethome, and the Hubitat integration.

1 Like

I have the SENA/36HF and it's working with Hubitat. I also use the Midea app as well. I find it's much better than the Nethome plus app.

1 Like

Mine is a Sena 18HF and this driver is fantastical and run smooth. Also I use Nethome Plus and this app run fine too

1 Like

Hi All

I am running into an issue with midea-discover, My RPI can;t find it.. Installing msmart went without an issue, I tried "sudo find /root -type f -name "midea-discover" " With no results. Did I miss a step and need to download it fom somewhere?
Thanks

There were a couple of posts about troubleshooting the command missing earlier in this thread, here: Midea Mini Split Wifi Support - #21 by ghgeiger

Do you have any other ideas of what might have gone wrong @ghgeiger?

I am using Ubuntu for my laptop and I was able to install msmart and run midea-discover on it, but I am at work so I need to wait until I get home to see if it will work or not. I installed the driver in HE already. Where do I input the info from discover once I get it. Having a brain fart here.

If it discovers your unit (fingers crossed -- it could either be compatible or could be a totally different vendor under the hood)...

Then you need to create a Virtual Device and enter the info as discovered.

Well, I guess it isn't to be. The midea-discover can't find it. I even tried using the IPs that I didn't know what they were. Bummer

All on the same subnet? I know I couldn't find my heatpump when they were on different subnet even though I could ping the IP.

Yeah on the same net. I found the right ip and also got the Mac. But still didn't get any results from doscover