Mercator Ikuu

:+1:

i'm not surprised to hear that - i've experienced the same issue just retrofitting plain (non-smart) GPO's with USB chargers. Can be a PITA to fit the damn thing in when it could have been a 5 minute job.

Nah, I’ve got mine working. I would just like to see them officially supported (especially the dimmer and the GPO)

1 Like

I can definitely say that the small and large downlights seem to behave exactly the same for the RGBW lights that I have, and their bulbs for that matter. I would not be surprised if they were all running the same code.

Between the lot of us here, I am sure that we have one of everything. Is it worth sending the full fingerprints of everything over as well? I just checked the small DL, large DL and 9.5W RGBW bulb and other than the random characters after the manufacturer, they are exactly the same, and all work nicely with the "Advanced Zigbee Bulb" driver, at least once the "Configure" button is clicked.

Actually, this variable manufacturer name seems to be unique to Ikuu. Every other device that I have has simple strings like "eWeLink" or LDS. Do other rebranded Tuya devices use this technique?

Drivers for dimmer and fan controller here

1 Like

nice work on the Ikuu driver Grant!

I happened to notice you've written a driver for the Nue fan controller.
I have a couple of the Nue dimmers which have been problematic from day 1.
Do you have any of these in your mesh?
Have you written a driver for one?
Is there some quirk you discovered while writing the driver for the fan controller, that might account for what I'm seeing with the dimmers?

Send me one and I’ll investigate and write a driver for it and send it back to you

thats very generous, thank you :slight_smile:
i spoke with Kevin from 3A Smart Homes (who only provide drivers for SmartThings), who is aware of this issue (he says that there is at least one more person with similar issues) he apparently is going to:

• provide a Hubitat driver of his own creation
  • send one of these devices to @mike.maxwell

can i take a raincheck? :slight_smile:

OT, but did you speak with Kevin recently? I have sent him emails about some returns and he is radio silent.

Same. Avoid 3asmarthome.

yeah i did speak with him.
it took me a while to get hold of him - tried the website and email, but eventually got him on his mobile.
he seemed OK to have the conversation, and offered to do the followup actions the i mentioned before.

@saxnix and @mike gents can i ask if your return queries are due to the same issues i have posted about?

Sorry, yes, @sanewton72 , I had some of the first-gen Nue double GPO points that failed - the prongs that hold the pins of a plug in place stretched and the plugs would fall out so far they weren't safe - not to mention the actual design was on the unsafe side with the prongs not covered. Anyway, he agreed to replace them if I first purchased the replacement ones. I did that, and then contacted him to see the details for the return, and he has not replied. I think I sent him 2 followup messages.

will PM you and take this bit offline so we can keep the thread on-topic (Ikuu)
:+1:

My issues with 3asmarthome were not with the dimmer, but the switches, so I doubt they are the same issue. Mine just failed, repeatedly. He wouldnt cover. Took him to Vic Small Claims tribunal, but Covid19 but a stop to that.

Keen to hear if you had any issues with getting these to work well once you group it up..

I successfully grouped two of the bulbs, including using Zigbee Group Messaging. I did think that I had a problem at one point, but it turned out that my daughter had automatically turned the lights off as she left the room, not being used to the automation yet.

So, yes, they seem to work fine.

Realistically, how many ZigBee devices should I be able to run on Hubitat?

I have a C4 hub that is having issues at the moment (I think it might be the Nue products playing up but am not sure - nor do I know how to figure it out??), and I plan to swap it for a C7 I bought but haven't had the chance to switch to yet.

I have 40+ LIFX GU10 bulbs that never worked properly on SmartThings or Hubitat, that are basically being used as dumb bulbs at the moment - and I am thinking of swapping about half of them with the Ikuu bulbs.

I have about a dozen other contact and temp/humidity sensors as well, and 5 x Ikea repeaters.

When I do swap over my hub, should I use the old C4 (assuming that is not part of the problem), to connect just the zigbee bulbs to? Or am I better to have them all on the main C7 hub?

i can't recall the absolute max, but i believe you can have up to 32 devices direct to the hub, and devices can transmit across at least 15 hops. so provided you have strategically-placed repeaters to broaden the mesh (sounds like you do), then you should have no issues with a mesh that size.
( per our earlier discussion, i would first rule out the Nue's, i've bitten the bullet and ordered some Ikuu switches to replace my Nue's )

EDIT: perhaps check this out if you haven't seen it: How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh - Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

Thanks for that @sanewton72. I thought it was something like that - I will have to make sure I have the repeaters on when I add the new bulbs.

Yeah, I just contacted Lighting Superstore to get a price on 23 bulbs, and replacements for most of my Nue outlets and switches. I have a switch fail another couple of times over the weekend. I just don't trust them anymore and they are causing problems.

Do the Mercator Ikuu 1,2,3-gang switches support hold/release/double tap kind of functionality or are they straight forward on/off single press only?

Happy to see there are finally Aus approved devices on the market, but given that they had a chance to shake up the market, not sure why they chose such a fugly design (personal opinion of course, maybe they look better in real life).
Would've been nice if they had a glass front panel and such.