Mercator Ikuu

Just did some research, cluster 0b04 is power reporting, so makes sense actually. We need to send a command to configure power reporting correctly.

If you try it with an outlet driver that supports power reporting and set the threshold to 10W or something then it should shut up.

nice find. let me try that...

EDIT: I chose Generic Zigbee Outlet, enabled power reporting, threshold 10W.
didn't work. still message city.

hey @richard1 just a thought to keep the thread concise, if i can help you test/check stuff on this device i'm more than happy to, but may be best if you DM me instead?

I recently bought quite a few Mercator Zigbee 7W RGB-CCT and Mercator Zigbee 9W CCT downlights.

They are using the advanced ZigBee RGBW Bulb or
advanced ZigBee CTT bulb drivers.

Each of the lights work well individually, however when I try to group them with Group Bulb Dimmer 2.1, turning them on/off leads to instant on/off rather than the 2 second fade I defined for each of bulbs. Again, the fade works perfectly when trying the bulbs off and on individually.

Anyone else experience something similar? Other than this, the lights seems to work very well.

Yep. After reaching out to their Senior PM responsible for the Ikuu range, I got the same repeated response. They are not going to release any details nor provide any further information - I don't personally understand why, and what they're afraid of, nor what they feel would be lost... it alludes me and I can only see me jumping ship to the next company that offers more open/flexible devices. Very strange !?

2 Likes

Interesting that Mercator is an Arlec brand.

yeah i also don't understand what they would stand to lose by releasing technical details / API information to the community. a shame for guys like us that could use that information for our benefit, which would actually increase the community's preference for, and purchases of, their products.

the only thing i can think of, is to remember that mercator has invested a large sum of money in the development and go to market of this product range, and that this is likely a typical corporate risk management response...if a board member who has zero knowledge of the topics involved can't clearly understand all possible outcomes related to this decision, the easiest response for them is to just say no and 'guard their IP' (aka protect their investment), and get back to playing golf.

all this said, i happen to drive a hyundai. they also haven't provided me the API to the entertainment system and engine management computer. That doesn't mean i refuse to buy and drive it...its still a good product i just have to accept that it is what it is. :slight_smile: (as i attach my ODBII - USB adapter and laptop...)

1 Like

They are all just white labeled Tuya products so it's more that they don't actually know any of it themselves as Tuya do all of the development for them.
This is normal for any white labeled product that the brand with their name on it has really only had input into what the end product looks like not what's inside it.

I have just installed a Mercator ikuu Zigbee 40W 4000 lumen batten light to replace old fluorescent tubes. The packaging and instructions state it โ€œrequires a Mercator ikuu Zigbee hubโ€. Not true, works perfectly with HE.
It is a nicely made unit with attention to detail. On power-up it went into pairing mode and was immediately discovered. I selected Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev) as driver and it works perfectly: on/off fade up and down, and set white temperature.
As at day one, I am very pleased with it.

3 Likes

Driver for Ikku ZigBee3.0 Single Gang Light Dimmer - Model: TS0601 posted

3 Likes

Since youโ€™ve been playing with the dimmer, can you tell me if it remembers the previous dim level when the switch is turned on again? I mean, assume you set the dim level to 60% and then turn the switch off. When you turn it on again, does it turn on again at 60% or does it turn on at 100% and then fade back down to 60% or does it not remember the dim level at all?

Yep. Sure does

1 Like

Good work, I have a few of those on their way now.

Hope to figure out the reporting management on the GPO this weekend so I can get my own driver out for that.

1 Like

Thanks @sanewton72, had to have multiple trys but eventually got action. I finally (somehow) got 3 daughter devices of which 2 are the 2 switched outlets, dunno about the third. Don't seem to have energy monitoring but that may be a future exercise, priorities priorities. And you were right @nuttr, needed to do a couple re-scans. Thanks to both.

hi there @richard1 did you have any luck with the ikuu GPO? i've given up, the double GPO just wouldn't stop sending those messages so I removed it from my mesh. Until I did I couldn't get another device added to the mesh, I can only assume the messages from the GPO were crowding out join messages from the new device.

FYI the HE team have received the large box of goodies I sent over, so now its down to how long it takes them to get through them all, and get the drivers into the subsequent HE release.

4 Likes

Hi All,

I recently had a meeting with the Mercator Ikuu Product Manager, I thought there would be interest in sharing the outcome of the conversation.

To preface, I think its important for us to realise that in general we are not the volume market Mercator are intending to access โ€“ which is the everyday person via their electrician or select lighting stores โ€“ we are the enthusiasts/tinkerers/early adopters that represent the risk of high support requirements while comprising a relatively low market share.

That said, in general I found the Ikuu guys to be positive and keen to help - within the remit of the Mercator Home Automation strategy.

I definitely got the sense that the PM is an automation enthusiast like us โ€“ not someone who canโ€™t spell automation whoโ€™s been lumbered with a short-term project that landed in their lap - and is at the very least empathetic to what we want to do, and to the very long list of wants that I had :blush:

Wifi Only Products

There is no local API access for the Wifi products โ€“ cloud access and only thru the Ikuu app. :frowning: There is a cloud API, but there has been a decision not to enable/publish/release it at this point.

Tasmota is not supported (surprise, surprise), with that said there is an awareness that certain of the product range are ESP8285 based and there has been success by various (external) folks in doing this.

System cloud dependency: for standard Ikuu products all decisions are cloud-based, except for Timers which are run locally. All switches will operate with the internet connection gone.

Light Fittings/Bulbs โ€“ are all ZB3.0 (not ZLL or ZHA), and are proper repeaters.

Ikuu App โ€“ iOS + Android, no access from a browser. There are no plans for introducing subscription/paid access, this is included as part of the product purchase.

Dimmer Mechs: designed to fit the industry standard Clipsal Classic 2000 โ€“ nice and easy to fit.

OTA firmware update capability: varies by product

ZB3.0 Product Queries
Ceiling Fan range - ZB3.0 versions not yet available, but werenโ€™t ruled out.

IR/RF blaster - ZB3.0 version not yet available, but werenโ€™t ruled out.

Energy Monitoring (1 or 3 phase) โ€“ no products at this point.

Relay/Contactor (DIN rail) โ€“ no products at this point.

Room Thermostat โ€“ no products at this point.

4 x PT1000 temperature sensor โ€“ no products at this point.

DN20 water/gas valve โ€“ no products at this point.

Hi, I recently purchased approx 30 of the Mercator Ikuu Zigbee Downlights (92mm, 70mm in CT and also RGBCT).

Are they also looking into getting the drivers for these in the next HE release? The main problem I have (as I mentioned I my other topic Issues with basic turning on groups/scenes) is that they under 'zigbee group messaging' I lose the ability to fade them on/off, and without group messaging I can't reliably turn all the lights on and off without some of them randomly failing to do so.

Interestingly, when these downlights are connected to the Hue hub directly, they also don't have the fade on/off functionality. I wonder if it is a firmware update that is needed.

Vic

hi @victuary of course its not for me to say, but i've provided the HE team a fairly wide range of Mercator ZB3.0 products for them to test and create drivers. 2.2.8 is imminent, so i would guess they won't even start looking at these until its out the door, and of course there's other devices need testing too which would have already been on their to-do list before these ones.
so i wouldn't hold your breath for anything before 2.2.9 or even 2.2.10 depending on how that all goes.

in the meantime, as you've read there's a couple of guys who are clever/kind enough to make/share community drivers - i know @gslender has done a couple already.
there's also the option of a kludgy work-around (my speciality) while you wait for the drivers - perhaps add to your rules
"wait 10 seconds"
"if (any-lights-still-on) { repeat-turn-off-actions }" '

...to catch any stragglers. its not ideal but might get you through

Awesome initiative! :+1: May I ask what devices were included in the goodie box?

you may :slight_smile:
its most (but not every) ZB product.
but rather than type out a long list, is there a particular one you wanted to check?

EDIT: To better set expectations, I should say that I tried to get a good range of device types - it was too much to send one of everything, but I figured if i sent at least one of each type it would be a good starting point. e.g. I sent 2 downlights (RGB and CCT), not one of every type of downlight, which would have been 4 devices.