Market for High power ZIgbee Routers

Thankfully I have plenty of repeaters. I was just toying with these to see what could be done. I like that I can put them in less conspicuous places and they still work pretty well.

Do you use any Aqara/Xiaomi Zigbee devices with these? Just curious if they are compatible or not. :thinking:

I think I read that the Sonoff dongles were patched to be compatible, but I don’t have any to confirm.

1 Like

No I don't, my Aqara stuff is on zigbee2mqtt with only routers based on ti chips running firmware from the zigbee2mqtt project. Never had any drop off although I only have about a dozen aqara devices, so not a large sample.

I use the cc2531, cc2530+cc2591 and cc2562 (sonoff dongle), all as coordinators and/or routers over the past few years and all work well with the aqara stuff.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. I have a Zigbee Coordinator and Router from The Tube, running zigbee2mqtt as well to test out an Aqara vibration sensor. It has been stable for days. However, I think I’d need a few more compatible repeaters to strengthen that particular mesh network.

On another thread (xbee related iirc) the user mentioned he suggested that a timing/timeout issue caused the aqara devices to not play well with some routers and dropoff.

1 Like

Is there a particular form factor you want? Here are some devices that work with Aqara sensors (and a zigbee2mqtt setup):

Tuya USB repeaters
Innr outlets

My Aqara sensors haven’t fallen off in ~2 years. When the coordinator and routers were unpowered for over a week, they all joined back without any manual intervention. And I have 60-70 sensors.

Smart outlets are the easiest. I appreciate the recommendations. I'll have to give the INNR outlets a try to see how they behave.

Are these the correct ones?

https://www.amazon.com/Zigbee-Philips-SmartThings-Google-Required/dp/B07SQGG8Z7?th=1

Yes. I have Aqara devices routing through them. Here's a zoomed-in view of 4 Aqara/Mijia end-devices and one Konke end-device routing through an Innr outlet.

You won't be disappointed.

1 Like

This may seem obvious, but did anyone have to update the trust link key(5A 69 67 42 65 65 41 6C 6C 69 61 6E 63 65 30 39 ) for the sonoff dongle before it would join the HE mesh? Kinda like we had to do with the Xbee?
I've already flashed the router firmware and checked the .ini file, but don't see the link key in the .ini file. In the .ini file I see this:

Not necessary.

1 Like

Nope

1 Like

I had some trouble getting it to pair on HE, took 3 or 4 tries. On the successful attempt I opened the case and pressed the "rst" button located located to the left of the green led. Paired as 'Device' just before timeout.

I don't have Xbee but it is showing in the route table. I plan to try an Orbit Hose Valve at 70 feet soon.
[Xtended Range Zigbee Router, 4718], LQI:254, age:0, inCost:1, outCost:1

2 Likes

That’s the pairing procedure in the instructions online (plug into usb, then hit either button). Mine was found immediately, but took the entire time to finish initializing.

2 Likes

From a sample size of about 5 attempts, it depends on how soon zigbee provisioning is started after plugging it in. About to setup another later this week.

1 Like

I initially paired all of mine from my bedroom pc upstairs from the hub. They all paired identically on 2 different HE hubs. I removed a couple of them and rejoined them closer to the hub, no difference. One of the 5 has needed rejoined twice, I’m assuming due to some kind of interference since there is a contract sensor in the same location that occasionally doesn’t register a closed event.
EDIT: after it’s completed pairing, I disconnect the device and screw the case back on and plug it back in.

1 Like

This still won’t join for you?

Sadly, no. But thanks for the feedback you guys. I think my hubs are all screwed up, and support can't figure it out. I'm going to try to pair to my ST hub as a test.
Pairing has been problematic, since I did a simultaneous zigbee channel swap between C4<->C7, but only seems to effect certain devices, the dongle being 1 of them.

1 Like

Are you using zigbee2mqtt with Hubitat? If so, do you a guide on how to do so?

Hi everyone. I´ve been playing with a Sonoff Bridge I had flashed some time ago, and kept in a drawer for some time.

I updated Tasmota and Zigbee Router firmware as suggested, and finally I configured it according to digiblurDIY on this link (How to Convert the Sonoff Zigbee Bridge into a Router / Repeater).

He suggests to configure Module, and select SonoffZbBridge (75), and later on he suggests to configure Template as a Sonoff ZigRouter which changes the Module to Sonoff ZigRouter(0).

I can select any of the two modules (SzBridge(75) or SZRouter(0) by hand, but both have different menu options on the GUI.

Does anyone can suggest how to define which one is the correct one to make the device to act as a Zigbee Router?

Sorry, maybe this is not the right post for this comment.