A re-pairing cheat sheet for the secret codes of zigbee devices --many now obsolete and the manufacturers out of business

Lightning fried my C4. I documented the researching of pairing instructions when moving to the C7. Might be useful beyond the great list that HE has compiled and -maybe- show up in future forum searches.

PAIRING ZIGBEE DEVICES
(some devices may need to have the 'configure' & 'refresh' buttons on the device page pressed)
Device Watchdog App Activity Report will generate a list of remaining devices to be paired
Start with the wired devices nearest the hub to establish the 'mesh' --then work outward, AC & battery devices

=======================================

Jabsco switches - Hold the ON button for 15 seconds then release. Repeat. [Aternatively: turn the light on, then press the on button again 10 times consecutively. This should turn the light off, and put the switch in pairing mode.]

Third Reality surface-mounted switches - Ver 1 (with silver plate) & Ver 2 (plain front). Insert batteries, hold button in for 20+ seconds until led blinks.

Centralite 4200 Plug - Unplug any devices from the module and unplug from the wall. Now hold the on/off button while plugging it back into the wall. Hold the button until the status LED illuminates red, then release

Jasco GE 45853 Plug - Unplug, hold down the button and plug it back in while continuing to hold the button. When the light first comes on, quickly release the button and you should now be in pairing mode

Iris 3210-L Plug - Unplug, hold down the button and plug it back in while continuing to hold the button. When the light first comes on, quickly release the button and you should now be in pairing mode

Sylvania 72922 Plug - Unplug any devices from the module and unplug from the wall. Now hold the on/off button while plugging it back into the wall. Hold the button until the status LED blinks, then release

Peanut Plug - Hold the small triangle button for 15 seconds then release. Repeat.

Sonoff ZBMini Relay - Hold "RESET" (RST) button with paperclip for 5 seconds, and release it.

Sonoff SNZB-01 Smartthings Button - Hold "RESET" (RST) button with paperclip for 5 seconds, and release it when the led starts blinking.

Samsung Smartthings Button - Hold "Connect" button with paperclip for 5 seconds, and release it when the led starts blinking.

Sylvania 72569 Inline DC Dimmer - Factory Reset [https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Join_and_Reset_Instructions#Sylvania]

Start with the Light Strip powered ON.
Repeat 5 times - Unplug for 1 second and then plug in for 1 second.
On the fifth time plugging in the Light Strip, leave it plugged in.
After about 3 seconds, the Light Strip will flash rapidly 3 times to show a successful reset and ready for pairing.
                       - Join the Zigbee Network -
From the Hubitat Web Interface home page, select Zigbee on the Device Discovery page to start device discovery.
Start with the Light Strip powered ON.
Repeat 5 times - Unplug for 1 second and then plug in for 1 second.
On the fifth time plugging in the Light Strip, leave it plugged in.
After about 3 seconds, the Light Strip will flash rapidly 3 times to show a successful reset and ready for pairing.

Iris 3326-L1 Ver2 Motion Sensor - Remove the battery you need to "wait 10 seconds", then reinsert while holding the the reset button located on the side. Leds blink. Release as soon as the LED comes on. Don’t hold it as that triggers the demo mode.

Iris 3320-L Contact Sensor - Factory Reset [https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Join_and_Reset_Instructions#IRIS]

Slide the battery cover off, remove the battery and wait 10 seconds.
 Using a paper clip, press and hold the reset button completely down while reinserting the battery.
 Hold the reset button for an additional 2 seconds and release. The contact sensor should begin flashing blue.
 NOTE: The reset button is a small black button above the battery.
 From the Hubitat Web Interface home page, select Zigbee on the Device Discovery page to start device discovery.
 Perform a factory reset before attempting to pair.
 Remove battery. Wait 10 seconds then re-insert battery.
 Wait for the device to be added into the system

Visonic MCT-340 Contact Sensor - Factory Reset [https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Join_and_Reset_Instructions#Visonic]

Remove the battery cover.
Press and hold down the sensor’s tamper switch.
Insert the battery into the sensor while observing battery polarity.
Release the tamper switch within 4 seconds.
Remove the battery cover.
Press and release the tamper switch for 1-2 seconds.
The LED will flash 3 times, every 5 seconds, repeating this cycle up to 20 times until paired.

Visonic MCT-370 SMA Contact Sensor - Factory Reset [https://fccid.io/WP3MCT370SMA5/User-Manual/User-Manual-2947482]
(Try MCT-340 instructions above to re-pair the sensor.)
Sec 3. To pair the sensor to the security panel, you must set it to pairing mode.
1. Set the panel to pairing mode.
2. To activate pairing mode on the sensor, pull the activation strip from the back of the sensor.
3. The LED blinks 3 times every 5 seconds (repeated for up to 20 times) to indicate that the sensor is searching for a security panel.
Note: : If the sensor pairing is not successful during the searching process, restart it by tripping the reed switch
or tamper switch of the door window sensor.
4. Complete the pairing procedure on the security panel.

Sec 6. DEFAULTING THE SENSOR
CAUTION! The defaulting process removes the device from the network and enables re-pairing.
Open the battery cover and pull back the clip to remove the battery.
Press and hold down the sensor’s tamper switch.
Insert the battery into the sensor while observing battery polarity.
Release the tamper switch within 4 seconds. The LED will blink 3 times every 5 seconds to indicate successful default.
To re-pair the sensor, follow the instructions in section 3.

Centralite 3310G Temperature & Humidity Sensor - Factory Reset and Rejoin

Slide the sensor off the mount, remove cover, and
remove battery. While holding down the reset button,
reinsert battery to factory reset the device.
Factory reset the device before attempting to pair.
Remove the battery and wait 10 seconds.
Re-insert the battery

Iris 3315-L Leak Sensor - Factory Reset [https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Join_and_Reset_Instructions#IRIS]

Remove the cover from the sensor, then remove the battery for at least 10 seconds.
Press and hold the reset button while reinserting the battery.
Hold for an additional 2 seconds and release.
A successful reset will be indicated by a flashing Blue light on your sensor
Factory reset the device before attempting to pair.
Remove the battery and wait 10 seconds.
Re-insert the battery

Hardwire leak detectors may have to be 'found' again after plugging in to receptacle.

LeakSmart Water Valve - A flashing blue light on the front of the unit indicates that it's ready to pair. Unplug the valve, wait 10 seconds, then return AC power. Press the center button quickly 5 times to reset pairing mode.

Orbit 27087-03 Hose Valve - Factory Reset [https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Join_and_Reset_Instructions#Orbit]

Insert two AA alkaline batteries and re-insert the tray.
Press the RESET button 5 times in rapid secession.
Slide out the battery tray on the back of the timer.
Firmly re-insert the battery tray to ensure water resistance and increase battery life.
Turn the dial to AUTO.
When batteries are inserted, the timer will automatically attempt to connect and the wireless icon on screen will begin to flash.
(RCJ: After factory reset, I again pressed the RESET button 5 times in rapid secession -- quickly it paired.)
NOTE: The timer will remain in pairing mode for 10 minutes or until paired. If pairing is not successful after 10 minutes, the timer will stop trying to pair.
To enter pairing mode again press the RESET button 5 times in rapid secession.
Wait for the device to be added into the system, successful pairing will be confirmed by Hubitat Elevation™
Watch the status in the device details page to confirm proper opera

Roomba RM-Mini 3 Integration
Reserve RM-Mini IP number on Router
Enter reserved IP number on Hubitat RM-Mini device page
Click "Intitialize" and "Reset" on Hubitat RM-Mini device page
To test, enter "Clean" in "Send Stored Code" section, click 'Send Stored Code' button

TUBE'S ZB STORE Xtended Range Zigbee Router - On the successful attempt I opened the case and pressed the "rst" button located located to the left of the green led. Paired as 'Device' just before timeout. Leave driver as device. Doesn't matter for repeater function.
The pairing procedure in the instructions online (plug into usb, then hit either button).

Re-activate Alexa Integration
Open ALEXA App on Hubitat, press done.

Sonos Symfonisk Speakers: Open SONOS app, search for speakers. Select to include.

1. Remove the power cord from the back of the outlet or the Sonos speaker itself.
2. Wait 10 seconds so the speaker can completely power off.
3. Plug it back in.
4. Give the speaker a minute or so to power back up.

For a lot of problems, this method should do the trick. But if it doesn't, it's time for a factory reset.
1. Unplug the Sonos speaker from the outlet.
2. Hold down the Connect button while plugging the speaker back into the outlet.
3. Keep holding the Connect button – after a few seconds it will start flashing amber and white.
4. Once the speaker has reset, the light will flash green.

Go through Apps like Notifier and Rules with TTS alerts to re-select speakers.
Importing Rules from backup is an option.

======================================

20 Likes

One thing I learned when I needed to move all my devices from SmartThings to Hubitat: download and save the PDF manuals for all the devices you have. This way, in a few years when you need to re-pair them for some reason, you have find the original documentation.

5 Likes

Sorry to ask but i have a hubitat C-7 and i can't paire the sinopé RM3250ZB. I m in contact with Sinopé, i send them the RM and they told me they don t have problem to do the pairing but the use a C-5 version 2.2.5.131, i really want to make it running with Hubitat Hub. If you have any other tricks let me know.

I’m agree @jlv. I download all the setup pdf files I can find for my devices. If they are only html instructions, they save the webpage(s) a a single webpage file.

Do this for equipment at work too. Some say I don’t need to because it’s online. Companies change philosophies, ownership and existence. All of these can make things disappear in an instant.

2 Likes