Lutron Caseta Setup Tutorial

It took a bit for it to sink in with me, but the Hubitat really wants you to be within about 2 feet, sometimes inches, when pairing Z Wave and Zigbee devices. That caused me some unnecessary anxiety early on :slight_smile:

Also at first I thought I could take my time and move things from ST to Hubitat one by one over a long period of time, but found this wasnā€™t too practical as I was basically destroying the radio meshes, ended up having a day or two devoted to migrationā€¦this is probably location dependent YMMV.

So all in one go? Can you take the usb radios to each device like gen 5?

I guess, with a long cat5 cable and power cord you would walk the Hubitat around the house. (I think weā€™re digressing from the thread topic though :slight_smile: )

We are and thanks again

Sorry just to check is this the right one
https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-Wireless-Lighting-pedestals-P-BDG-PKG2W/dp/B00XPW6824/ref=sr_1_5?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1523647625&sr=1-5&keywords=L-BDGPRO2-WH

Thatā€™s non Pro, also is a kit that contains wall switches that Iā€™d guess wonā€™t work in the UK.

This is the one I bought ...

Thanks but not shipped to uk

An important point is that those wall switches use the Lutron ClearConnect protocol, same as the Picoā€™s. Lutronā€™s quite happy with that BUT your Z-Wave Hubitat hub cannot speak ClearConnect and must use the SmartHub.

Itā€™s common with Lutron to pair Picoā€™s to a switch (Associate in Z-Wave speak) which is even faster. (The Pico would then talk DIRECTLY to the wall switch/dimmer. This is why Lutron installations donā€™t NEED a hub first.) But thatā€™s almost the opposite of the desire for those of us here in the Hubitat pond, or at least ME. :slight_smile: I use the many Picoā€™s and all I want them to be is a Button. I then want to imagine some wonderful use for that buttonā€¦ a push or a hold. (Thus the 5 button Pico becomes a 10 button Pico.)

As in UK can only use with picos anyway adviced above smart bridge pro and picos? Just finding product to ship to uk

There's a seller on Ebay that says they ship to the UK:

There's another in Canada but says they ship to Canada and the US. I'm thinking Canada to UK is less expensive/involved than US to UK...

1 Like

and then on ebay UK there's this one:

Already in the UK :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks to all for the instructions on how to get the Lutron integration working.

I just setup my hub over the weekend and so far Iā€™m really impressed with the responsiveness.

I have a pico controlling a cree connected bulb that used to be paired with SmartThings, and I canā€™t believe how much faster it is.

4 Likes

I really like the Cree bulbs for just this reason. I have two for bedside lamps in a room filled with z-wave dimmers. The Crees come on noticeably faster than the z-wave lights, all fired from the same motion sensor. Same or better responsiveness with Pico, pretty much instantaneous.

1 Like

Ok I want to do similar - but trying to find the write up ...

I have all of my crees and hues connected to the Hue Bridge which is currently connected to both ST and HE until I get things moved.

I would like to have a pico control some of the bulbs connected to the Hue bridge ... but failing to see how

You need a Lutron CasĆ©ta SmartBridge Pro. Thatā€™s what you connect the Picos with.

Yep

Just installed the Pro bridge found the telnet toggle in the Lutron app and got 1 of my dimmers and 1 pico migrated over from the non-Pro bridge

Looking for how do I have the Pico button press turn on Hue Light ā€œFooā€

so press Pico Button 1 Turn on Cree ā€œBarā€
press Pico Button 2 Turn on Hue ā€œFooā€

With all the zigbee bulbs attached to the Hue Bridge (which I already integrated with HE)

So just use Button Controller or Rule Machine to link a particular Pico button to a particular bulb.

1 Like

How do you go to live logging?

A picture is worth a thousand words... Also read the next post in this same thread for some live logging tips.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/hubitat-dashboard-documentation/1347/230?u=ogiewon

Thanks - the issue I was having was realizing I could remove the room from the Pico in the Caseta Hub... once its not paired to anything this is much more sensical :slight_smile: