Lutron Caseta Setup Tutorial

I just copied my Lutron Integration report into an email, sent to myself, and then I had it for reference while setting up the devices on Hubitat.

1 Like

Actually, I just added another Pico and used

Open live logging after installing Lutron Integrator, and The desired Integration
When a Pico button is pressed (or any Lutron device is activated for that matter) you will see a log entry

Worked perfectly, of course. :smiley:

1 Like

Interesting info on the Aeon Multicolor bulb - I just bought three for some scenarios at my house.

Any word on when or if that Aeon LED Bulb Driver might be fixed to work for color?

I just ordered one to work on.

1 Like

You must have a giant collection of devices. I wonder if you could get free stuff sent to you from manufacturers in exchange for creating the drivers?

Probably, I just don't have the time to chase that down currently.

I hope some one can help my Iā€™m in th UK and Iā€™m still waiting for delivery of my Hubitat Elevationā„¢ UK. But Iā€™m intersted in the Lutron Intergration. Obviousy only the wireless side of things and I gather I could control any bulbs inc my Hue bulbs? As I would have to order this from the US I was woundering if this would intergrate the lutron into my UK setup and advice on what I would need to buy?

Thanks in advance
NEIL B

I think this is what you meant by wireless only but just to confirmā€¦

None* of the mains powered switches or dimmers are suitable for the UK but the Smart Bridge Pro should be as itā€™s powered by 5v. It may just need a replacement power supply. The Pico wireless remotes are obviously OK.

I was thinking of doing this for the Pico remotes too ā€¦ controlling some other lighting devices.

• Actually there is just one relay based switch they do called the in wall switch pro rated at 277v that might work in the UK

Yes thats the issue want better switch control over any lights connectet to my system mainly smart bulbs coud be Hue or other? Would Pico remote with smart bridge do this?

Pico remotes with a smart bridge pro are great with Hubitat.

Button controller allows seperate push and hold commands for each button, and the 5 button picos are cheap.

1 Like

So if I order a smart bridge and pico remotes from us they should be ok in UK? Any recomendations of best place to purchase

Smart Bridge PRO, part number ā€œL-BDGPRO2-WHā€, is specifically needed for Pico remotes to work with Hubitat.

Iā€™m in the US, but I just bought mine from the US Amazon Marketplace ā€¦ probably hit or miss as to whether they ship to UK. I believe they can be obtained from eBay also.

I got mine off Ebay to save a few.

Itā€™s an astonishing moment when you click your first Pico button and the light/fan/device goes On (or off, whatever youā€™ve assigned in the Button app.)

The Pico communicates to the Lutron SmartBridge PRO and then to the Hubitat Hub. THEN it goes out on the ZWave radio to the device. Fast, really fast, given all the ā€˜moving parts.ā€™ Two radio hops and a telnet connection!! :smiley:

So can you control Hue Scenes or any other functions to with each button

You can effectively create scenes in Hubitat and use the Pico to trigger them.

Splitting hairs a bit but If you mean it literally, ā€œHue Scenesā€, like you already have a Hue Bridge, and the Hue app with scenes saved in that native Philips ecosystem, those arenā€™t accessible to Hubitat ā€¦ just the bulbs and rooms are visible using Hubitatā€™s Hue-Bridge integration.

But it still works awesome once up and running. Totally agree with @csteele, after living with the pain of ST, the Hubitat responsiveness was jaw dropping. After the first click, I actually had to sit down and take time to mentally accept that it really was that fast :smiley:

I am used to Webcore but as long as I can re creat scenes with Hubitat thats perfect just cant wait for it to arive. So I gather you would recomend making the change?

Heck yeah. Pico remotes are awesome ā€¦ and you can use them for more than just lighting.
Itā€™s a little bit of an adjustment from webCoRE to Rule Manager, but definitely workable for the majority of things.

Thanks I will order the Lutton smart bridge and pico now might all arive at same time? Just have the hastle of changes devices over

smart bridge pro :wink:

Thanks any other advice on what I can do to help or start the changeover?