Lowes Iris Zigbee Devices Available

Also, if you want to know the firmware version on any of these devices, the easiest way I know to do this is to temporarily pair them with SmartThings. Afterwards, in the ST Web IDE, click on that device and there is a spot with the firmware version listed. Motion and Contact sensors will have their firmware upgraded by ST. The outlets will not.

1 Like

What kind of benefits do you get by updating the firmware on these devices? Would it be worth finding a used one on eBay? Does it matter which gen to buy? Lastly, is it worth it?

I assume you're referring to a used ST hub? I would get a v2 or v3 hub if you are going to buy one.

Whether or not it is worth it is another question entirely. There is a pretty lengthy SmartThings community thread on these devices and their firmware. Perhaps some information is available there?

IMHO, if they are working, and battery life is good...I would not worry about them. Also, as I stated earlier in this thread, all of the sensors that I have bought from this vendor are already up to date. So, if you bought from this vendor, I would not worry too much about it.

1 Like

3 "Lots of 10" Contact Sensors are back in stock... Get'm while you can!

Do either or both of the Motion Sensor and Contact Sensor report temperatures?

They both report temperatures.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I was able to call and add them to an un-shipped motion sensor order I placed last Friday (when they'd dropped out of stock). Woo!

1 Like

@ogiewon, I got my replacement motion sensors today. Gonna pair them to my ST hub and test. :crossed_fingers:

Hopefully you got yours as well.

Nothing yet... :frowning:

Today I received the rest of my last order, which was missing 9 of the Iris outlets.
I'm guessing when the person who was packing the order saw 1 Lot, they didn't realize it was a Lot of 10 smart plugs, understandable. So they sent me a new Lot of 10 this time, plus I have the one from last time, so now I have 11.

But I did ask if he could replace 2 of the bad Contact Sensors from my very first order, and place them in this shipment. Instead of 2 contact sensors they sent me 2 motion sensor, I'm guessing at this point they are completely out of contact sensor?

So I'm good with my order now.

@ogiewon
Jonathan from TEAM International added his cell phone number in the last email he sent me, message me and I'll give it to you.

1 Like

Same thing just happened to me, I emailed them yesterday. Sounds like they try to make it right, which is reassuring.

2 Likes

They do. They took care of my defective items and di so quickly. Very happy with my order. Hopefully Dan got his by now.

1 Like

Well, they responded today, informing that they are out of stock on contact sensors. So, they made it right by issuing me a refund. I am happy.

3 Likes

As I posted above they shipped mine the wrong way and it appeared I wouldn't get them. As it turned out, I caught the mail carrier the day they were due to arrive and she gave them to me.

But prior to this I had sent 2 emails and made 2 phone calls to Team and never heard a response. So doubt I will do business with them again.

They ended up replying to my email within hours of my last post, with a confirmation they’ll ship out a replacement for the lot of 10 pocket sockets.

Not denying the frustration you must’ve experienced, but that does seem to be a deviation from what appears to be a pretty decent customer service department overall.

1 Like

I'm glad that others had success, but sure wasn't my experience. I sent an email. After a day when I didn't get any response I sent another email. After another day I called, got machine and left message. After another day I called again and left message. I still to this day have not received any response whatsoever. None of my emails or phone calls were combative, I just pointed out the problem and asked for them to fix it.

Have you check your junk / spam folder in case their response landed there?

I check Spam folder several times a day as too much stuff shows up there that shouldn’t. So no it isn’t there.

Sorry man... I hope you get a resolution from them soon.

At the risk of starting a firestorm...

Might it have been interesting for Hubitat to have bought out the entire inventory of Iris devices and sold it with a minimal warrenty (DOA returns only).

I'm sure we would have all been customers accepting of a reasonable premium... and you can bet this stuff was surplussed at mere PENNIES on the dollar.

I know, not their biz model. Yet it's the accessories that really add up the revenues over time as we all know.

Makes you wonder if multible partnership arrangements could be made for compatible, reliable, trusted, and tested third party devices being purchasable through Habitat's store resulting in enough commission revenue to make it worthwhile.