Lowes Iris Zigbee Devices Available

I received my order this evening, 10 Motion and 10 Contact sensors. I paired all of the sensors with SmartThings to check the firmware version of each device. They were all already up to date.

I did have 1 defective 3320-L Contact Sensor. It pairs fine, reports temperature and battery level, but will not report contact status changes. I removed and reset the device, but the problem persists. I have contacted the seller to see if they will replace the failed sensor.

6 Likes

@ogiewon
I noticed I had 2 out of the 10 contact sensors doing the same thing, as you described. I thought I might be the only one.

1 Like

Keep us posted, and thanks for the heads up. I got 20 coming in tomorrow. I'll be sure to test them all right away, which I might not have thought to do otherwise (I know best practice and all, just being honest)

What is the process to test if you aren’t ready to use them right away? Join them and once you verify functionality, pull the battery and remove the device from hubitat? I’ve read about the old ghost devices causing issues and don’t want to cause issues with my zigbee network.

Remove the device before pulling battery just yes, that's what I plan to do.

Include, test, remove the device, pull battery, repeat.

1 Like

@djw1191

Just remember once you pull the plastic Tab from battery on the contact sensor, it will start the pairing process.
After you connected it to your hub and then decide to remove the contact sensor from your hub.
In order for the contact sensor to start the pairing process again. You may need to remove the battery, then you will need to press down on the (*)reset button while replacing the battery back. Once the battery is connect wait for 3 seconds then let go. It will then start the paring process.

What you can do now at this point, is remove the battery from the contact sensor and place the plastic Tab back over one end of the battery again. And place the battery and Tab back in place inside the contact sensor and slide the cover back on. Then when you are ready to add it back to your hub later, just pull the plastic Tab again and it will start the paring process like it did the first time you did it.

3 Likes

Can you not just disable the device in HE to avoid removing it and re-adding it later?

From the device page, select the X in the upper right corner, then de-activate the device in question

For devices that get plugged into an outlet, that should be just fine. But for battery devices that may not be used for 6 months or longer. I'm not too sure how that would effect the battery's life?

I would still pull the battery, just don't see the need to exclude it and re-pair it down the road...

YMMV

Edit: Nevermind...figured it out. It all came back to me once I logged into the IDE.

Dan would you mind sharing the details of how you confirmed you were on the latest version?
Also, I have to dig my ST out of the drawer and reconfigure. Am I still able to use the ST classic app or do I have to use the new app (which I'm not familiar with at all)?

I just ordered 20 motion and 10 contacts. This will replace all my Iris v1 and have some room for expansion. Hoping to sell my V1 stuff on ebay to recoup some losses!

I paired and checked my 10 contact sensors and 10 motion sensors.
All 10 contact sensors were good :+1:

7 motion sensors were good
1 motion had no battery installed
1 motion had a broken (-) battery contact
1 motion was constantly stuck on active

I installed the battery from the one with the broken contact in the one with no battery. So I ended up with 8 good motion sensors and 2 that I hope to get replaced like @ogiewon.

Moral of the story: check all your devices when received.

All you have to do is pair each device to SmartThings. Then go into the SmartThings Web IDE, got into Devices, then select the specific device. You will see a section that shows the existing firmware and the version that ST has as the most up to date. If they match, simply unpair the device. If not, just wait and ST will perform an OTA firmware update.

Yes, I only use the Classic App.

1 Like

Yeah, I got it sorted out. I update the post but forgot to put the word "Edit" in front of my "nevermind". Thanks for getting back anyway.

I'll update the post now :wink:

1 Like

I ended up emailing the company. They responded very quickly and stated the will send a replacement sensor.

So, if you have any DOA devices, try emailing the company.

3 Likes

Sigh, I just placed an order for one lot each of motion, contact and pocket sockets. Do I actually need any right now?

5 Likes

I emailed them yesterday afternoon. No response yet. :man_shrugging:

I had to email them today after I open my order that I received today.
I tried to call but the contact number they give you for customer support goes right to a fax machine. :rage:

I ordered one Lot of 10 Iris Contact Sensors, received then just fine.
I also ordered one Lot of 10 Iris Smart Outlets, but only received 1. :rage: :triumph: :rage:

Because I wasn't able to call, I sent them an email letting them know that I paid for a Lot of 10 smart plugs but they shorted me 9.

I also sent them a few pics of everything that was packed in the box that they sent me, and there was no way that 10 motion sensor and 10 (boxed) smart plugs could fit in that box.

Sent email 3 hours ago, haven't heard anything yet. Guess we'll seen what happens tomorrow.

alex on ebay has these in 5 packs. I bought them from him, as well as his other Iris items. Still kicking myself for not getting another 10 pack of the motion sensors from him. I had one bad motion sensor, and two bad contact sensors from him, and he replaced them, mailed out the day I reported it. Great customer service from that seller.

2 Likes

Hmm, so my order just shipped and instead of the $30ish UPS ground shipping I selected during checkout, it’s coming via USPS priority mail.

I hardly ever ship packages, did they charge me for one shipping method and then use another that costs less?