Looking for a Driver for Monoprice 15270

Hi I am Looking for Drive for Monoprice 15270

Monoprice Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor, NO LOGO

Monoprice 15270

Have you tried the built-in "Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor" driver? I have a Monoprice Z-Wave Plus contact sensor as well, but it's the other one they sell (PID 24259) in a different form factor. Mine works with that driver. The supported devices page isn't clear on which "Monoprice contact sensor" they support, but Z-Wave devices are pretty standard so I'd be surprised if this doesn't work.

if it does work and you feel like showing them the information from the "More" button when you pair (unfortunately only available then, I think, or at least it only used to be), I'm sure they'd love to have it so it can automatically find this driver in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I moved my rboy smartthings driver over for mine. Not sure why i did that, but I must have had a reason. Sorry I cant share that code because the developer charges for access to it. I just had to make the normal changes for it to work.

1 Like

I've got several of these and they are discovered automatically using the built-in Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor.

1 Like

I use the "Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor" I asked because if I have drive for this device may be I have more resources.

@Shane_pcs I have Rboy drives too I paid for that but I do not have any ideia how can I port drive from Smartthing to Hubitat.

I've got Rboy's driver also but on this item the generic HE driver does everything that device is capable of.2018-11-27%2021_08_36-Mailbox%202%20Zwave

Could you explain what you mean here? If the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor driver supports all the functionality you need, you're probably better off with that than a custom driver. Hubitat write it themselves and will stand by it as working well on their platform, unlike custom code. :slight_smile: (The only thing I could think of that the generic driver might not provide is the tamper sensor, but I'm not sure if your model has that; the other Monoprice one definitely does, and I'm not sure if the generic driver supports that feature.)

All you have to do for it to work is to change the "physicalgraph." to "hubitat." Simple find and replace.

1 Like

@bobbyD can you tell if our Rboy drivers for these Monoprice contact sensors will cause any issues with the last update where we can do a non-secure pair for these types of zwave devices?

I recall why i used the RBOY driver. Because these contact sensors allow you to use a wired contact trigger and that device handler has the config to allow that. I havent used that part of the sensor yet but I have several projects in mind that might use it.

I doubt that the inclusion method has an effect on the driver, however, most of Rboy's drivers I've seen ported, have significant issues running on Hubitat Elevation hub.

1 Like

There's no need for a different driver.
I have several of them making use of the internal screw socket for a sensor.

I use the Generic ZWave Contact Sensor driver.

I have a Pressure Sensitive Resistor, a Large Button, and a Float Valve each attached to the internal screw connector of three Door Sensors. The device reports the external changes as the same as the magnet.

I don't see what RBoy's driver brings to the party. You purchased the right to use it... :slight_smile: but it seems you don't HAVE to. :smiley:

Found an ancient post I did in 2017 over on ST for the Force/Pressure sensor:

( Even documents my use of WebCoRE :smiley: )

1 Like

Good to know. Just switched them all over to the generic. I assumed that since the RBOY had an option for the internal screws that it was necessary for it to report.

Ugh.... I just connected my pressure mat to the dry contacts on this device and it doesn't report anything. The supplied contact functions as expected. Any ideas why my pressure mat isn't changing the device state?

I am using the generic driver

I made test here on my 115270, use a wire to do short-circuit on internal terminal screws, so nothing happening

@emersonvier @Keo Are you guys seeing the light flash on the Contact sensor with each attempt?

I know it's obvious but the Hub may or may not see your specific device, but the led should show that it's sending. My Float Level is out at the extreme distance and before I got that corrected I verified that moving the sliding float on the shaft, caused the LED to blink/flicker. Also obvious, but are the covers closed? The tamper switch may override reporting on the Monoprice.

All the "easy suggestions" failed, time to go back to the obvious for a visit.

No, The LED does not flash.

Yes the cover is on. The LED blinks with the contact sensor so I know the cover is on. Also when I remove/add the cover I see HE update the tamper state.

Oh.

That tells me the pressure mat you're attaching to the internal screws does not present a low enough resistance when "closed." That pressure/force sensitive resistor I used presents >1meg ohm when untouched. As you apply pressure, the resistance lowers. With enough pressure, the resistance is low enough the circuitry of the Contact sensor detects it. For that pressure/force sensitive resistor, it took very little pressure to get the Contact sensor's light to blink.

You can create an active circuit to convert the resistance change of the mat. A resistive bridge might work too. Put a 4.7k resistor across the two screws along with the two wires of the Mat. If we assumed the mat was only presenting 10k resistance when stepped on, 4.7K in parallel with 10k is 3.1k and maybe that's enough to trigger.

1 Like

I assume I can attach a meter to the two wire on the mat and step on the mat to see what the resistance is. Shouldn't I?

Yes, and/or look at the manufacturers specs.