Basic Z-Wave Tool - unable to make parameter changes

I'm migrating from SmartThings to Hubitat, and am trying to enable the external contacts on a MonoPrice Contact Sensor model 15270. I was following this advice

Looking for a Driver for Monoprice 15270

et al, I'm using the "Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor" driver for my Monoprice 15270 Door/Window Sensor and finally had success with the External contact. Out of the box, this version's External Sensor is DISABLED by default as indicated on page 7 of the User's Manual. I used the "Basic Z-Wave Tool" to enable it WHILE IT'S AWAKE (that was the key for me). Once set, the Magnet MUST be Attached for the Wires to Respond, and the Wires must be SHORTED for the Magnet to respond.

Then temporarily switch to the "Basic Z-Wave Tool" to send a "SetParameter 1,1,255" Command to enable the external feature. If successfully enabled, the Tool will report in the Log "parameterNumber:1, size:1, value:-1."

I've entered the parameters a shown

but am not seeing the "value:" change to -1

Set the value to -1
The way the command class is setup, it is designed to handle signed integers, so -1 == 255

1 Like

Thanks @jtp10181. I believe I am attempting to set to -1 via the value 255 (see "setParameter" image). I've tried multiple times, each time making sure I'm moving the magnet on over the sensor to awaken it, then clicking on the "Set Parameter" gray button, but with no success.

Let me be more clear, instead of putting in 255, put in the actual value of -1

There is a big complicated reason why this should work, just have to trust me.

3 Likes

$$$$cha-ching

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.