Livarno lux

Its not a great driver, its on my 2do list, at the time I just cobbled 2 drivers together.
I might be able to look at it tonight once kids in bed

Ahh, cool. Was just worried this was an inherent Hubitat issue (I'm a brand new refugee from ST). Looking at the logs it seems there may be a hard-coded 2000ms delay or similar. I'll have a look at the DHT later.

Hi.

Any guidance which driver I should use with the Livarno Lux white E27 bulb.

Thanks

That should work with the built in advanced CT driver

@mark.cockcroft Hey Mark, I've been using your driver for the LED strip and while it works perfectly fine to set colours and also colour temperatures I've discovered a minor bug when trying to use it with the hubitat scenes.

The issue is when you set the colour temperature, the colorMode remains set as RGB instead of changing to CT. I've looked at the code and I only see one place where the mode is set to CT, but that code doesn't appear to be triggered when setColorTemperature is called.
The code is a bit too complex for me to be able to try to add a patch to unfortunately.

Any chance that this might be an easy fix for you?

Thanks very much,

Alex

Yea but not sure when, I am still playing with it because I can't seem to get full colours seem to have a tint.
Did the light change as expected though?

Hi, does anyone know how to change the colour to cool white on the dashboard tile. I can't seem to work the whites out. Currently I use my Alexa app to change the colours as it oddly seems more reliable. Also 1% brightness is very bright with GU10s and E14s, is this a driver issue or a hardware issue. Is there a way of reducing the brightness further. Cheers guys in advance :+1:

I use the temperature slider on the strip lights, and yea the ct leds are bright but seem to respond correctly to dimmer commands

I've realized that tapping on the slider rather than dragging it gives better results. Cheers for this. Just one final comment though, when cool white is set to 1% on the E14 bulb, it's still extremely bright. Is this a hardware issue or can the driver be tweeked to correct the issue? Cheers for your input

Hi Folks,

Has anyone successfully used the Livarno (Lidl) E27 LED bulbs on HE? I noticed some other posters had asked about it. I've had some partial success.

When I use the "Advanced Zigbee CT Bulb" Driver I can switch it off with the 'OFF' command but the 'ON' command doesn't work. You can however turn it on by setting the 'LEVEL' command to '100' (For full brightness) etc. The flash command also seems to work. You cant change the colour temperature though. These are nice little bulbs and it would be great is there was better compatibility. Has anyone else had any more success with them?

Cheers,

Mark.

1 Like

Hi, fill in the driver page details like fade time then hit configure then turn on and off / set the level. Keep a eye on the logs that should push it to complete testing then it will " mostly work"

Obviously male sure you have the correct driver set aswell.

Hi Borris,

Thanks for the suggestions. It didn't change things though. Although you've made me look at the logs. I got the following errors:-

dev:82021-05-28 23:55:09.101 debugfinished options testing...

dev:82021-05-28 23:55:07.327 debugstarting options testing...

dev:82021-05-28 23:55:04.250 warnconfigure...

dev:82021-05-28 23:54:43.046 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (setColorTemperature)

dev:82021-05-28 23:54:16.913 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property 'requestedHue' on null object (setHue)

dev:82021-05-28 23:54:07.564 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (setColorTemperature)

dev:82021-05-28 23:53:59.481 errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "NaN" (setColor)

dev:82021-05-28 23:51:42.754 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (on)

dev:82021-05-28 23:51:14.074 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (on)

dev:82021-05-28 23:51:04.372 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (on)

dev:82021-05-28 23:44:22.501 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (setColorTemperature)

dev:82021-05-28 23:44:08.723 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (setColorTemperature)

dev:82021-05-28 23:43:29.496 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (on)

dev:82021-05-28 23:43:13.415 errorjava.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero (setColorTemperature)

dev:82021-05-28 23:41:24.498 warndescription logging is: false

dev:82021-05-28 23:41:24.497 warndebug logging is: false

It seems to be giving 'divide by zero errors for 'set colour temperature' and 'On'. It doesnt error for 'Off', 'flash' or 'set level'.

I guess the "Advanced Zigbee CT Bulb" driver only partially works with it. Not sure if there's any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

It's not supported but I found that once everything is filled in then hit configure it does what you saw.

You then go through every option on the driver page, turning the light on/ off setting level. Then using raise / lower stop level change, set different whites ex. Eventually something clicks and if starts working (apart from the colour that will never work). It it was never consistent on what I had to do to make it "click" though but set level seemed to help the most.

HI Guys, @mark.cockcroft and @BorrisTheCat. i've managed to get these bulbs working in the past uniquely and also as a group. I've recently bought 3 more for a new lamp but i cant manage to get the group working in RGB mode. On/off is fine and also the cool/warm white are fine but the colours wont change. I've mirrored my other group but to no avail. So all bulbs are using the the livarno lux driver (attached) and my group driver is using Group Buld Dimmer-2.1 (attached) Any help would greatly be apprecited :slight_smile:

EDIT ive realised that if i enable "Zigbee group messaging" then the lights will only change from warm-cool white and vica versa. If i disable "Zigbee group messaging" then the lights will only change RGB and white doesn't work? how odd? any ideas kind people out there :slight_smile:

XY colour is not supported yet.

i can only comment on the LED strips and there working fine as a group, make sure all group optimisations are off is all i can suggest

Cheers Mark. I think the strips, E14s and GU10s work the same. Keep soldiering on. Perhaps the bottom line is that they're cheap and cheerful hence their unreliability :crossed_fingers:

Try a HE grope and sceen group to control the m

ive teeked the driver, see if this is better
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mark-C-uk/Hubitat/master/Livarno-Lux-LED-Strip

1 Like

Mark, you're a superstar. The new driver works like a charm. It's worth mentioning that "ZigBee group messaging" needs to be turned off within the group.

I can't begin to say how thankful I am. People like yourself make this forum such a great place :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes