LITTLE BUG..New 5.1 rule - paused - not showing as paused in rules list

Ok Bruce,
I upgraded my C7 to .140 today (Win10 and Chrome) and tested my apps for "paused" in the apps list

Basic Rules, Mirror, Notifications, Rule Legacy and Simple Automations - all properly show paused in the rules list.

Only Rule machine 5.0 and 5.1 fail to reflect actual paused condition.

Thought that might be a clue.

As I've said before, pease verify that the Application State variable on the App Status page for 'paused' agrees with the black banner at the top of the app when it is opened. If so, then the rest is something that is unexplained and cannot be reproduced by any of us. If those two items disagree I'd want to know about it.

As before, app state shows paused, and no pause reflected in the app list. Just thought perhaps there would be a clue in the fact that all the apps other that Rule Machine properly show paused state in the list.

Give 2.2.9.146 a shot... I made a change that may solve it, but there could be more than one cause. If the issue not solved, it's back to the drawing board for me.

This never worked for me in chrome (at least since my lost above) but did in safari. Sorry to say it stopped working in safari at some point too and 2.2.9.146 didn’t help.

I do see paused on the page for the rule and in the state details for it but the listing does not show it.

1 Like

Oddly enough, on my C7, win10 and chrome, current platform, after a "few days" the pause appears in the rules list.

I have the same problem. C7 146 win10, opera or new installed chrome and android 11 opera and chrome. hub reboot.

Pause does not appear in apps page for ANY rule that is 5.1 with or without predicates. It shows up for any 5.0 existing rule I have and pause.

Minor but frustrating.

C5 running 2.2.9.146

Android 8(phone) & Android 10(tablet) using Chrome, Firefox & Edge, all latest versions

Rule 5.1 will not show paused for any rule that has a predicate. The only indication I have of a paused rule is to open the rule and see if the button says "resume". It doesn't say paused at the top of the rule when opened either. Rules without predicate conditions show when they are paused. I've started disabling rules instead of pausing them.

Being that this occurs on three different browsers and two versions of Android, leads me to believe that there is something up with rule 5.1 and eventually the problem will be discovered. Maybe I'll dig out my Linux machine and my wife's iPad next week and see what they do?

I think all of these issues are fixed in upcoming 2.3.0 release (now in beta), at least with respect to Rule 5.1.

2 Likes

thanks.

It appears to be a problem with at least 146 because a 5.1 rule that shows paused will no longer show pause if I resume it and pause it again. At some point it worked and then stopped.

@bravenel I am up to date and this is still happening to me. Is there a fix in the works?

Please be specific. This is an old topic.

1 Like

Any 5.1 Rules when paused do not show paused on the Apps page, all other rule versions do. See below the two boiler rules are paused and show paused when you open them. I paused Pantry Lighting to test.

Not seeing this behavior at all.

Could be a browser cache problem.

1 Like

I do get the predicate false flag, but not paused

1 Like

Rule 5.1 doesn't use "Predicate False" any more. Rule 5.0 does. Right before I took the screenshot above, I opened "many devs" rule, and paused it. You might try rebooting your hub to clear out any hub caches, and see if that changes anything.

1 Like

Sorry i mistyped, i meant required expression false.

I did reboot by updating and it still persisted.

Both this and Paused are set by the same mechanism, the exact same method in fact.

1 Like

I was in chrome but its also missing in Edge browser which i have never used until now

Did a couple tests....