Light keeps turning on when mode change

Didn't work :confused:

Where do I find them?

Same place you did last time: Logs page, with filter for your RL app.

Oh :slight_smile:

You still aren't turning the lights off anywhere. How/when are they turned off? The app thinks it's Active so it 'adjusts' on mode change.

I'm turning off the lights via the Harmony Elite remote and which is located in the button control app

Here a screenshot

It's strange. I don't see any logs for this app.
But it works fine. All the commands do what they are supposed to do.

Instead of using Button Controller, you should just put those two buttons in Room Lights as the Means to Activate and the Means to Turn Off. It will work much better if you do that.

1 Like

Ok, let's try

It seems that it did the job.
The lights no longer turn on automatically if I switch modes manually.
Also, when I turn on the lights via the Harmony remote, they turn on to the correct level/temperature.

Thanks for your help!

What do I do if I want certain lights to be on/off when pushing or toggling buttons?

I remembered that this was the reason that I removed the activation/deactivation buttons away from RL and to the button control app.

Let's say that I want button 2 on my Hue dimmer switch to turn off only 2 out of 10 living room lights.

Should I have two setups for my living room lights, One for the Harmony Elite buttons and the other for the Hue Dimmer Switch?
That means that I need to clone the current living room setup and change the buttons from the Harmony Elite remote to the Hue Dimmer Switch?

I'm also having an issue using google home/assistance to turn on/off lights.
The RL doesn't seem to register the change between when I turn on/off the lights, so when I try to turn the lights on/off vis the physical button, the logs say that the lights are already on or off.

Show your entire Room Lights setup page. Did you create an Activator Device and enable it for Google Home? Again, you should look at the logs, and perhaps you should read the original documentation here and specifically for Google home here.

Thanks for the links. I'll read the documentation and try to solve it myself.

Here's my current RL setup

The hubitat is linked to google home and all of my devices are toggled as "on".

I'm now trying to accomplish 2 things

1. add voice control activation to RL.
    I saw this command below on your document, but I have no idea how to get there. My RL has no command like this.

2. I want 2 of my 4 Hue dimmer switch buttons to turn off only some lights but not all. Do I need to create a new RL for this scenario? If not, how can I accomplish that in my current living room LR setup?

Add an Activation Device with the name you want to use for voice control. See Room Lights: Scenes, Groups & Voice Assistants where it describes how to use Voice Assistants (I thought you were going to read the documentation).

Yes.

Sorry. I read the document and still don't understand what am I supposed to add.
Your help would be appreciated as I'm ready to give up on this.

Voice Assistants

Whenever an Activation Device is created for Room Lights, whether it be from a Group, a Scene, or just from entering a name on the main page, that Activation Device can be added to Voice Assistant configurations.

OMG, I'm so stupid :person_facepalming:
It was there all along and I didn't see it.
SORRY!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.