Life360 Refresh command [SOLVED]

Yeah, hitting β€œdone” in the app always works for me too.

I see this is marked solved, but it looks like, at least for me, there are still issues.

I've had two incidents where I wasn't marked as home in the last week, which requires manual intervention by me after receiving a ton of false alarm texts.

Are we saying that the Life 360 Application Refresh button is not working properly? Here is how mine is set up. Is it set up correctly?

At this point, I want to do a refresh whenever my Front door is opened and closed and my interior garage door is opened and closed.

Here is the rule I set up. New at this, so it could definitely have issues:

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

My Life360 is losing sync almost daily now. The Life360 Refresh feature is not working for me either. I have to go into the Life360 app manually, and press Done. Then the presence status of our three phones updates immediately. I am running HE firmware v1.1.2.121.

Same here. The last week has been particularly bad. I have many routines that depend on presence and those are all unreliable, as best, now. I have a webCoRE piston the 'refresh's the Life360 app anytime an entry/exit door is opened, and the logs say it is firing and it is refreshing .... but lately I have to open the app and click the 'done' button for it to actually re-sync. I looked this morning and it refreshed when I left the house for work. When I logged in via-VPN from the office and looked, my Life360 driver said I was still at home. I opened the app and clicked the 'done' button and immediately got my notification that I left the house.

When the presence works .... everything works well. When it does not ...nothing works well. Frustrating. :weary:

This is disconcerting considering how unreliable Smartthings was with presence. I have yet to setup life360 as I am still migrating over from ST, so I cannot say how well its worked for me.

So .... after re-reading some of these posts, I just realized I may not have set up my Life360 'refresh' properly. :scream: I did see the 'Life 360 Refresh' device in webCoRE and I selected it and the 'refresh' command was available for it, so that is what I did. In reading the above about the 'button' I realized I did not have any button activity going on. I just when into my webCoRE piston and selected the 'Life 360 Refresh' device, then "pushed" Button 1 on it. Just to be extra safe, I also left my 'refresh' command in there too. I will see if this improves my presence performance as I may NOT have been refreshing the App like I thought I was before.

@Matthew - Based on @mike.maxwell 's posts above, we shouldn't need to use the button capability. Using Refresh should work just as well, but it doesn't seem to be working at all. Opening the App and clicking Done always seems to work, though. I will be interested to hear if the button method makes a difference.

they call the same methods, so there's no difference between the two.
There is also no difference that I can find between calling the refresh button and opening up and doing done on the app, and yet there appears to be...

Add me to the list. Seemed to work when I left for work this morning, came home a minute later. It showed these events. When I arrived right now my automations did not run. So I checked the events and my virtual device says I have not left since this morning...

Same deal for me, unfortunately. Happening more frequently, neither button nor refresh does anything, but clicking done on the connector app settings page immediately updates presence sensor statuses. I’m still on v1.1.2.112.

I saw that IFTTT has a trigger for Life360 for "Last family member leaves a specific place" and "The First family member returns" and the "Then" can be to change the mode in Hubitat. I am hopeful that that will resolve my presence issues as I should be able to set my 'Home' and 'Away' modes/rule triggers with that.

EDIT: (IFTTT is working. I needed to re-validate my Hubitat login and selected devices).

Is there any delay on this?

This is not working for me at all. I have RM pushing the refresh button every 10 minutes and it's still not doing it. The only way to get it refresh is to open the life360 app and hitting DONE.

can you do the following and PM me the results?
make sure that debug logging in the app is turned on.
open live logging, open life 360, select that app from the logs, send me the results.
clear the log, then hit the refresh device button, and send me those as well.

Pushing the refresh button does generate the same log as opening the app. Maybe my RM periodic scheduling issue was the cause. Will keep an eye on this.

Thanks

I reverted back to 1.1.1.119 and at least Life360 is staying connected now.

Yes, we have identified the issue with the diver refresh, it will be out in the next release.

1 Like

Mike,

Has the team figured out why 1.1.2 causes the Life360 app to disconnect so frequently, compared to 1.1.1?

Life360 doesn't maintain a persistent connection to the hub, so when you say disconnect, do you mean the presence devices update less accurately on 1.1.2 vs 1.1.1?

Correct. On v1.1.1, I very rarely had to click DONE in the Hubitat Life360 App to get my presence sensors to reflect proper state. They just worked, very well on 1.1.1.

However, on v1.1.2, the Life360 integration basically stops updating status after about 30-60 minutes. Only clicking DONE in the App restores communications, but only for a short while.

1 Like