Life360 Refresh command [SOLVED]

Thanks @Navat604. I think that might work. I have a motion detector in the garage, so I could trigger that when my wife drives the car in the garage.

I have a Ring Doorbell, so I think I could IFTTT when there is motion on the Ring. Does the IFTTT work pretty well? Is there much of a delay? If need be I could install another Motion detector on the front porch I suppose.

I attempted to use IFTTT to update a virtual motion detector in Hubitat. The performance was unacceptable for my needs. I believe the status of the Ring Motion Detector is only updated every 30 seconds within IFTTT. So, you're going to average a 15 second delay before IFTTT could trigger anything iside Hubitat.

Instead, I have left my Ring Doorbell on SmartThings. I then use Hubitat's ST to HE integration. This works amazingly well, with less than a second of delay.

Thanks for the info @ogiewon. I'm inherently opposed to keeping the two hubs, at least right now. I am about to unplug my SmartThings. I don't know why I'm so opposed to it. I guess it's just prec

I may just install Hubitat compatible motion detector on the front porch.

Thanks!

1 Like

There are many ways to refresh Life360. I initially just refresh it once a day but I have too many things depending on presence hence the motion refresh. You could do a refresh with periodic as well.

@mike.maxwell my life360 integration just got "out of sync" unfortunately the refresh device didn't fix the problem. Had to open the integration app and press done to get it to sync up. Not a big deal, but I thought you might want to know that things aren't working as expected (at least not for me).

Thanks!

Same here. Started 2 days ago.

So refresh worked before that?, or not...

I actually can't say for sure, I set mine to run every 3 days at 8am in RM. Just noticed the out-of-sync today and when I tried the refresh from device settings it did not work. It 's been a couple of weeks since I've noticed an out-of-sync so it may have been working previously.

I have not used the refresh command yet but I have noticed that as long as I have my phone plugged into a charger in the car Life360 always appears to work in Hubitat. This is on a Note5 and android.

That sounds like Android OS’s power savings features are causing problems.

2 Likes

For me. It was working since June 26. Just recently it started acting up. Is there a way to check the refresh is refreshing Life360 connector?

The Life360 Refresh button stopped working for me too. According to the Life360 Refresh device event log it last worked on June 25 even though I have a Rule that pushes the button daily at 5AM.

Today my Life360 got out of sync and the Life360 Refresh button did nothing. Only going into the Life360 Connect app and hitting "Done" brought it back in sync.

I don't think the event log for the button is logging correctly. You if you are using RM then you can click the exclamation mark to see the schedule tasks.

Mine got "out-of-sync" again yesterday, tried the refresh device and this time it worked, perhaps the update/fixes in the last week fixed things?

nope, nothing in these releases changed any of the Life360 code....
Mystery continues.

Just happened to me. Life360 on my phone says I'm home, but Hubitat says I'm not present. I tried refreshing on the Life360 Refresh device and it did nothing. I went into the Life360 Connector and hit "Done" and it immediately updated.

It worked this morning, it noticed that I left. I have a rule set up in WebCORE to automatically run the Life 360 Refresh at certain times of the day, and that didn't do anything.

maybe unrelated but to fix my Life360 always going to doze/standby in android 7 I had to uninstall life360 reboot the phone and then reinstall Life360 and then make sure the doze/standy is still disabled
I tried all the settings (high performance mode, battery optimisation off, doze/standby disabled, I am sure I am missing listing some) and in the end uninstalling and reinstalling was what worked.

I have no data to back this up but I find doing a hub reboot will get Life360 refresh working again.

I just noticed this as well, except I tried pushing the button on the refresh device’s settings page.

Now I need to check whether a rule I created in RM to push the refresh device’s button has been doing anything recently. My guess is it hasn’t...

I have a rule to push the refresh, but it didn't work in that instance. The rule did fire, and I manually tried the refresh multiple times it didn't matter. Only going into the Life360 Connector App and clicking Done worked.