Life360 Refresh command [SOLVED]

Let me know if I can help test.

I've just experienced this today. But I've only had life360 for a few weeks before upgrading to 1.1.2. I'm personally glad this thread was here. Helped me solve the issue quickly. Is this a regular thing? Do I need to look at a different integration? I'm NOT going back to presence on smartthings.

The update (or lack thereof) and the refresh button bug have both been fixed, they will be in the next release, which at this point looks to be mid next week late next week.

5 Likes

Awesome! At first I thought it was because I had to redo my link because my husband got a new phone, but then I read the forum. I'll just keep an eye on it now that I know how to fix it. Thanks for letting me know. I was dreading having to use a different solution for presence. I was just getting used to life360.

Thanks for the update, Mike. Looking forward to the fix.

Upgrading to 1.1.3.112 now. Hopefully Life360 is back to working as well as it did in 1.1.1.119. I should have something to report within a day or two.

Does anyone else have anything to report yet after upgrading to 1.1.3.112?

I just moved from 1.1.3.112 back to 1.1.1.119 (I had to have Support make that available). On 1.1.3.112 my system came to a crawl. For example, I would walk down the hall to change to load of laundry, go back to the family room and sit down and 30 seconds later the motion triggered light would finally come on. On the Life360 presence ... I would get notices that I left the building an hour after I left. Saving a change to a driver would either take 5 to 10 minutes to complete, if it completed at all. At least for my setup, I would avoid 1.1.3.112 as it was unusable for me.

2 Likes

No issues on my end (at least nothing that I've noticed yet).

1 Like

Updating to the newest firmware has restored Life360 functionality for me.

The application refresh button works, unlike before.

I’m still finding that the Life360 connect app gets out of sync pretty easily, but at least now it’s possible to refresh it without having to go into the device settings page manually to click “done.”

1 Like

So far, so good. I temporarily disabled my rule that refreshes Life360 whenever the garage is opened. We all left and returned today with no missed events. On 1.1.2 Life360 would have already lost synch.

1 Like

I’m in exactly the same boat as you. I’ve also had to downgrade to .1.119 and now everything is back to a good state. I’ve been unable to use the last two versions due to my zigbee going offline several times a day. And the delay in response times meant I’d already left areas, then the lights would go on. Strangely, Life360 has also started working again for me.

Should the Life360 Refresh button press show up in the device events? Mine hasn't updated since June 25. I have a rule that presses it whenever the garage door opens.

Life360 refresh button does not seem to be working. I am away from home, Life360 app shows me away. HE dashboard shows me at home. Pressing the button on the dashboard (Using button #1) does not update it. I'm on the latest HE build.

my life360 refresh button started working ever since I updated the firmware to the version that was supposed to fix it (can't remember off the top of my head and too lazy to check higher up this thread :slight_smile:). I haven't applied the most recent hotfix from a few days ago, otherwise my firmware is pretty up to date.

I still find that the life360 presence devices can get out of sync, but it's not as bad as it had gotten before the update, and at least the button can be used to periodically refresh the connector app.

On that topic, does anyone have a sense of what's a reasonable/appropriate frequency to refresh the life360 connector app? If I refresh it every minute, then I'm sure it won't get out of sync, but that's probably excessive and if we all did that, someone at life360 might get PO'ed (or something).

Another member mentioned a RM rule to "refresh" Life360 anytime any of the main entryways (Front Door/Overhead Garage Door) was opened, that's what I'm doing.

1 Like

I'm refreshing once every six hours and haven't had any issues since the update. On iOS for reference.

Update: When I got home, I checked the Life360 connector in HE. Somehow, all my configuration was lost. I configured it again, and it seems to be working.

I saw the same thing a couple of days ago. All the settings we're gone and needed to be re-entered for it to update again. DB issue?

I wonder why you guys need to refresh your Life360 accounts to keep them working. I have been using Life360 since day one, with Android Samsung galaxy phones and Iphones, and have never had to refresh. Presence always fires the second any of us get to or leave the driveway. I wonder what is different with our configurations. I have a paid Life360 account. Are you guys using the free account, or paid? Not saying thats the issue, just wondering if it has anything to do with it.

Free account here. It’d be interesting if that had something to do with it;