Life360 Broken

Is anyone aware if the built-in Life360 Connector developers are even aware of the issue these last 4 days? How do we report it?

Yes the Hubitat team is aware.

We are monitoring closely the number of incidents reported. Life 360 is going through a lot of backend changes, and making any changes on our part before they complete their transition may make things worse for more people than it solves.

There are increased number of outages worldwide being reported, so the problem is not over yet..

https://downdetector.com/status/life360/

7 Likes

Personally, Iā€™ve had enough of the Life360 issues and am in the process of binning it off in favour of Geofency, which seems to be much more reliable so far, and allows different geofence radiuses for each user (which solves my daughters Life360 false arrivals when sheā€™s just passing near the geofence).

If you have a Homepod/Homepod mini, apples version is pretty good.

That's why I asked which one adamjacob86 was talking about when he said the app didn't show up.

There are at least three Life 360 integration apps for Hubitat - the built-in one, the one from BPTWorld which is no longer maintained or supported. And the one I use, and which has active support, is [RELEASE] Life360+ (BROKEN). All three of these, I believe, were affected by changes to the Life 360 cloud interface. There are multiple threads discussing this.

Of course, there is a mobile app Life 360 that is the app that provides presence information via the cloud to all three, but that's not what Life 360+ refers to.

I'm using the built in app and it is broken. Has been for days. From @HAL9000 's response and others saying this is a Life360 issue I guess there's no reason to try a different integration. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Right now I'm using the presence combiner with webCore, the Hubitat app and Life360. Most of the time it is reliable. One of our iPhones takes random Life 360 trips even using precise location, this changes that one's presence to home and away at random turning lights on in the middle of the night. I know off topic but can someone point me in the right direction for that? But I do need to keep up with updates on the Connector App so that's why I responded. :smiley:

Well, except for there are reports including myself saying that Life 360+ has fixed the problem provide you remove and reinstall it. Same may be true of the other apps; don't know.

Ahh good to know there is another custom Life360 app for Hubitat called Life360+

Is there anything better than the built in? More features or reliability?

Well removing and reinstalling didn't work for me.

Was just going to ask same thing. Is the custom Life360+ app ā€œbetterā€ or more reliable than the built-in Life360 Connector app?

Thatā€™s exactly what I am testing as an alternative right now. We have iPhones and an AppleTV, so trying the HomeKit Integration now with Hubitat using virtual presence switches.

2 Likes

I tried reinstalling the 360 Connector and still got login failed. Trying 360+ now and it logged right in. So far I like it. It shows everyone's battery level in Hubitat Dashboard. Not that that is necessary but it's a nice feature.

1 Like

GHN1013 - I tried exactly that using the Maker API app. Personally, I couldnā€™t get it to work reliably with three users. It would randomly stop working for different people when adding another user, then Iā€™d be in a constant cycle of deleting the users arrival and departure automations, before recreating them identically as they were previously (as you canā€™t edit them properly after the initial setup) in order to get them working again. It made no sense, and had me pulling my hair out for days.

Geofency has been much more reliable than both Life360 and Apple tbh, and much easier to setup than the latter.

I am actually bypassing the Maker API app, since Hubitat has the HomeKit Integration built in now. Was able to sync the Hubitat app to HomeKit using the QR code, and now testing the virtual switches with my native presence iphone sensors on HomeKit.

Havenā€™t actually left yet, so havenā€™t been able to test. Lol.

If this is not reliable, will try Life360+ Custom app next. BUT thank you about Geofency. Will keep my options open.

Is there a link you used to get info on the L360+ custom app? I assume itā€™s on GitHub somewhere?

You can install it through HPM then you'll have to add a User App. It populates in that area and you complete setup by doing that.

Thanks so much Bob!

1 Like

Just switched to Life360+ and it's working perfectly again. What a mess. Interesting note - I get an error trying to login to my account on life360.com as well "Oops something went wrong" - so it's even affecting their system.