Life 360 login help

Could this be a regional thing ? I'm in Eastern Europe/Romania.

I mean, anything is possible really. I've checked their socials and they have no info on any outage yet. I was logged out of the iOS app between yesterday and today. At this rate, I'm going to have to switch to Life360+ and use the workaround modifications.

Any official updates to anything? I can't even find acknowledgement of the issue actually happening.

The official acknowledgement was posted 23 days ago.

1 Like

Well, that’s what happens when I assume. My issues had cleared within a couple of days of that info being posted leading me to believe that all things were made right.

I was not aware this issue had been present for the last 20+ days. Thanks for the response! And sorry for being ignorant of the issue being this persistent.

It was fixed about 23 days ago, but then broke again last 4 days. But apparently, I heard the custom Life360+ app for Hubitat is working now, while the built-in Life360 Connector app for Hubitat is still broken.

1 Like

Ran into the same problem with Life360 Connector, but installed Life360+, and am able to login and select the location and family members, so it appears to be working.

I have just started experiencing problem with Life 360 Connector. It is not reporting our comings and goings to Hubitat and as a result, none of my automations based on presence (or lack of presence) are functioning. Has anybody had success with removing and re-installing the Connector?

Where can I find Life360+?

So I tried deleting the Life360 Connector app and re-installing it. I'm still getting a Login(Failed). But now another problem exists. My 3 presence sensors (iPhones) are no longer listed as child devices and I have no idea how to get them back in. Is there anybody still reading this lengthy thread, or should I open a new thread?

No point in opening a new thread. The stock/native L360 integration is broken due to some recent changes L360 has made. The community L360+ integration seems to have found a workaround, so you can try that.

Since there's no confirmation yet whether L360's changes are transitionary or permanent, we're all in a bit of limbo with either choice.

I recall seeing a post lately that HE staff is planning to implement the change L360+ already has made sometime soon though.

I use the stock integration and I'm just waiting it out -- our presence not updating right is a bit annoying, but it doesn't seriously impact anything and I'm simply too lazy to switch integrations, so I choose to wait & see.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I stupidly forgot to take screenshots of the automations that depended on Life360 Connector, and now I have Broken Triggers all over the place. This sux!

Restore a backup from before you deleted it.

Try using the forum search, but put Life360+ in quotes.

2 Likes

If you have Hubitat Package Manager installed, you can find Life360+ app within there to install.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t help those who are trying to connect but mine remains connected and working.

This was not the case 4 weeks ago when Life360 introduced these problems. When this happened I checked their support web site it said everything had been fixed and to email support if you were still having issues.

So I emailed their support and my connector was able to connect about 6 hours later and has remained connected and working. I did not get any response from them but was it a coincidence? A true test would be for me to disconnect and reconnect - but I am not brave enough for that!

So perhaps email their support? Couldn’t hurt.

1 Like

Took your advise, but didn't work out. Below is the reply from Life360 Customer Care.

1 Like

My Life360 integration is no longer letting me log in. Bummer, hoping a fix happens soon.

Mine also stopped working in the last couple days.

There are a bunch of errors in the logs.

"Unable to get token for life360 authorization."

1 Like

Well at least you got a response. I didn't. I think they used the opportunity to tell you that they don't support Hubitat vs. address your underlying issue. I would reply and say that you are using the REST API and that it is not authenticating?

I installed Life 360+ from HPM and was able to log in, so for the time being I'm up and running.

1 Like