Life 360 login help

Thanks.

I stupidly forgot to take screenshots of the automations that depended on Life360 Connector, and now I have Broken Triggers all over the place. This sux!

Restore a backup from before you deleted it.

Try using the forum search, but put Life360+ in quotes.

2 Likes

If you have Hubitat Package Manager installed, you can find Life360+ app within there to install.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t help those who are trying to connect but mine remains connected and working.

This was not the case 4 weeks ago when Life360 introduced these problems. When this happened I checked their support web site it said everything had been fixed and to email support if you were still having issues.

So I emailed their support and my connector was able to connect about 6 hours later and has remained connected and working. I did not get any response from them but was it a coincidence? A true test would be for me to disconnect and reconnect - but I am not brave enough for that!

So perhaps email their support? Couldn’t hurt.

1 Like

Took your advise, but didn't work out. Below is the reply from Life360 Customer Care.

1 Like

My Life360 integration is no longer letting me log in. Bummer, hoping a fix happens soon.

Mine also stopped working in the last couple days.

There are a bunch of errors in the logs.

"Unable to get token for life360 authorization."

1 Like

Well at least you got a response. I didn't. I think they used the opportunity to tell you that they don't support Hubitat vs. address your underlying issue. I would reply and say that you are using the REST API and that it is not authenticating?

I installed Life 360+ from HPM and was able to log in, so for the time being I'm up and running.

1 Like

But they don't actually support HE. Someone intercepted the API calls from the mobile app to create the "awesomeness" of the Life360 connector.

FYI... If you delete the Life360 connector before HE does a fix for the login, you end up with orphaned push notifications showing up as warnings in the log. They will be a web IP that can no longer connect to the app Id for the now deleted Life360 Connector. Hopefully they just expire on Life360 and eventually stop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally I would recommend installing Life360+ if you don't feel like waiting for a fix. It took me 5 minutes to install using Hubitat Package Manager and maybe a half-hour to change over my pistons so I didn't have to go through breaking them all again in the future.

Life360+ is much more feature-rich than Life360 Connector and, should Life360 make further changes, appears to get updated faster. No shade on the HE staff as they have dang good reason not to be updating until the "dust settles."

Simon I really appreciate your advice, this is what makes this such a great community!

Ironically, I did reach back out to Life360, twice. The first time, to inform them I wasn't requesting anything new; it has been working great for the past year. I also informed them no configuration changes were made, but recently started getting a "Life360 login failed" error in the Hubitat "Life360 Connector" app. They responded very quickly but the response was nothing more than a link to their password reset portal.

I fired right back to inform them this isn't a password issue as I'm able to log into their website and phone app without issue, but that's the last communication I've had with them.

As others suggested, I Installed the Life360+ app thru HPM but can't find where to add any devices or log into Life360 (no Life360+ under apps but app & driver are installed). Think I'm just going to follow BobbyD's advise and just wait for a fix (hopefully).

Again, thank you for taking the time!

1 Like

I haven't used Life360+ - I might be forced to do it if this app fails. But I would definitely post over there and get advice on this - [RELEASE] Life360+. Worth putting in the time to switch over as last time this was not working for some time.

I tried switching to Life360+ and I was getting the same errors as I was with the Life360 app.

I guess I need to try again since others had success with Life 360+

Gave the Life360+ install another shot & realized, after installing with HPM, I had forgotten to add Life360+ with the "+ Add User App" button. Once that was done, Life360+ appeared with the rest of my apps. The only other issue was that Life360+ wouldn't let me use my email address to authenticate. Had to enter my cell phone number with +1 in front of 10-digit phone number that is registered with the actual life360 app. After pulling in circle members, places & updating rules with the newly presence sensors that were created by Life360+, everything is once again functioning properly for all family members!

2 Likes

You may want to drop some logs or additional info on what you’re encountering. Someone may be able to see an issue or something that could help resolve what you’re running into.

Ok, I followed your instructions using my phone number and Life360+ worked!

Thank you!!

2 Likes

I am trying to migrate to the Life360+ app since the Life360 Connector hasn't worked for months, despite the guidance to wait for them to fix a problem. I tried accessing the Life360+ app. It asked for my Login Credentials which I provided. However, I got this message:

Select Life360 Circle
Unexpected Error
An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: No signature of method: java.net.SocketTimeoutException.getResponse() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: getMessage()

I go to Logs but there is nothing there. I'm at a loss as to what to do now.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it from HPM and now it works fine.

CASE CLOSED.

I can’t get the app because I got a school iPad I don’t have another device

1 Like