Leviton 800 Series ZW6HD Dimmer Driver

That's great news -- thank you, Jeff!

1 Like

Great news! I put in a couple of the new dimmers over the weekend, and the built in drivers are flaky for even basic functionality.

From Leviton I have the ZW6HD (800 dimmer), ZW15S (800 switch), and ZW4SF (fan controller, 700 I think). About 70 in-wall devices in total, 35 installed so far.

From Minoston I have (all 800): MP31ZP (Power Plug), MP31Z (Basic Plug), MR40Z (Wallmote), MP22ZD (outdoor dimmer plug)

I'm happy to help.

Minus full configuration capability, @jtp10181 Leviton Z-Wave Plus Dimmer driver does work well despite it's clamoring about unrecognized device. See above in the thread.

1 Like

I've decided this is a likely a Google issue and the solution is after setting the device up in Google Home, use GH to adjust the device to full, turn on and off a few time and everything's happy. It's now part of my load and configure routine as I add more dimmers to the house.

1 Like

It seriously misbehaves with HomeKit for some reason. Sometimes doesn't register on/off, sometimes doesn't register dimming... when it does, it only dims 10% at a time no matter what you set it to..

Have you tried this driver: [DRIVER] Leviton Dimmers (DZPD3 / DZ6HD)

You will get a warning that it is an unknown device and no settings but should otherwise work (according to reports from others).

I am, v1.01... that said, I flipped it back to the Zooz driver because that was actually more stable. I'm really not sure why this thing is so flaky, but both are.

Instead of testing via Homekit, try testing it direct from the device page. All Homekit is doing is activating those commands, so you could be having an issue with Homekit or the device, hard to tell unless you eliminate one variable.

Anyone else finding that sometimes this thing reports the wrong status?

Not sure if doubletap up is supposed to make it 100% but it does work, sort of. Light will go to 100% but then the devices reports 100 and then the prior level right after, so hub shows the prior level. Same happens if I then turn it off and on again, it will report 100 then flip back to prior level (light stays at 100).

Also, it is reporting an actual 100 level, which is outside of z-wave specs.. :frowning: full brightness should be 99 per specs.

Buggy firmware it looks like to me.

At one point I had it telling level was 0 after right I turned it on also, not sure how I got it like that but I cant seem to make it do that again now. Anyone else having it stuck showing "off" after you turn it on? It might flip to on quick then back to off (but light stays on).

This sounds like a bug from the early firmware, resolved some time ago. Check the firmware version. I believe the current firmware is ZW6HD_v1.1.0.9_1.

Did not even think to look if they had updates, I just got the thing in the mail. Where do we find these firmware files?

Look at the bottom of the page.

1 Like

The ZW6HD_v1.1.0.9.gbl that @JBrown posted a link to is identical to the ZW6HD_v1.1.0.9_1.gbl version I have.

1 Like

Wow been going for about an hour and its at 5%. Device is paired with S2, 4 ft from the hub. Did hub shut down and device restart after it was going slow the first time.

Guess I will have to pair it directly to a USB stick for the update then back to the hub again.

Oof, that's odd... I haven't updated that particular device, but I've updated a couple S2 15Rs and several (no-security) DZPA1s and DZPD3s (all at different times), and those updates all went at a normal clip.

I update a 700 series switch ZW15R paired no security 30ft and two walls and it took about 5 minutes.

This is how firmware updates go with the app on Hubitat. Expect it to take 10-16 hours.

If you pull it and use PC controller, it will only take 5-10 min, but then you have to re-pair.

1 Like

That is my experience as well. Hours to do an update in Hubitat, but PC controller can do it within minutes.

I use either PC controller or my second hub to do an exclusion to leave the original device in place as far as the database goes. I then do a replace via the Z-wave details page.

I do Zooz devices in 10 minutes from the Hub no problem.