Let's talk thermostats and house comfort

Does anyone here use the Honeywell T6 Pro Zwave thermostat?
Any issues?
https://www.aartech.ca/lyric-t6-pro-zwave-thermostat-th6320zw2003?gclid=CjwKCAjw-ZvlBRBbEiwANw9UWk276nRPYUthfTVjzjFHhASpLZlv3GkiLN_bQBZ2Z8f2xDPjdyjUxhoCSycQAvD_BwE

I have the Lyric T5 thermostat. I think the difference between the T5 and T6 is that the T6 was a dealer installed device and the T5 was a consumer available device. As far as I know both the T5 and T6 devices are both cloud based WiFi devices. If you look at the upper right corner of the picture you can see the WiFi symbol.

The T6 Pro has a Zwave Plus Option.

I have never seen any reference to the Lyric T series and Zwave and I was at the Honeywell plant involved with the App beta. It took some looking to find it. Thanks.

I found a DH on the ST forums so . . .

AHA!
So, can we have a candid comment about the quality/capabilities/etc. of the T6 Pro?
(from an insider, without giving out any industrial secrets)

I don't know if the WiFi and Zwave devices can compare. The interfaces look alike and I would assume they program at the device in a similar way. Beyond that, the Zwave device would be totally controlled through the HE hub. As it is now, I have no access to the thermostat through HE. My only control is through the app and Alexa and I so seldom use the app. It is nice to have Alexa to turn up the heat on cold mornings when I decide to get up early.
I will say, I am very tempted to get one of them and replace my T5. I like the look of the device, which I don't think I could say of any of the Zwave devices I have looked at.

I know I'm a bit late on this question, but I just helped a friend I converted to Hubitat add a Honeywell T6 Pro to his system. It mostly works fine, but Google Home doesn't always like to control it (seems to be better lately)--a minor problem--but will also occasionally send about 10 current temperature reports per second for minutes at a time, flooding the hub logs, and presumably not doing the Z-Wave network any favors--presumably a major problem, though it doesn't actually seem to be causing any real problems. Anyone else noticed this? Tempted to try porting the ST driver, though unless the driver is generating spurious events it seems far more likely to be an issue with the device itself.

Do you think you could provide a little more information (i.e., a how-to) on you setup? I have an ecobee3 and would like to use my comfort settings. But, I'm pretty new to HE (and home automation in general) and am still finding my way around.

Thanks!

I won’t be by my hub until next week so it might be hard to create any how to.

But off the top of my head you can install the ifttt webhook driver below, and then in ifttt setup some rules that will activate a comfort setting if the webhook is triggered. This way you have mapped a virtual device to a comfort setting using ifttt.

Hopefully that helps. It shouldn’t be too hard.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

Cheers!

So I managed to get my comfort settings to trigger using the Sandood Ecobee Suite Manager ported by @storageanarchy. It allows for using comfort settings as actions using custom commands. That might make your rules a little more streamlined if you wanna use it.

2 Likes

I'm using the native recover integration. It works but the temp showing from ecobee on the hub device never changes. It's says last updated within ten minutes and controlling the ecobee works from hubitat.

Might move over to this Port as I used it on St. Anyone else have issues with the temp not updating?

Did you end up going with this thermostat? How's the reliability on it? Is it working good for you?

I'm on a mission to remove as much cloud base crap as I can.

I'm (finally) getting it next week.
I'll let you know in a week or two.
I really have grown to hate my ecobee 3 because it's constantly "unreachable".

I have a pair of the T6 thermostats. Unfortunately they don't work with the generic Z-Wave Thermostat driver. It generates errors that destabilizes Hubitat's Z-Wave network. Discussion here.

It appears that the generic z wave thermostat device handler doesn't work with the Honeywell T6 PRO. (BooHoo!!! )
Does the standard generic z wave thermostat handler work with the simple Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U model?
What does it work with?

I had a couple of these at our old house, but they were not paired with a Hubitat. They are pretty dead simple (old) Z-Wave devices. Semi reliable. I wouldn't recommend them for a new purchase.

Good to know.

I guess I'll scratch that on my list.

I still have a pile of Ecobee 3/3 lite for sale if anyone wants them. :slight_smile: Ripped them out months ago when the cloud connections started dying every other dang day.

1 Like