Legrand Radiant WNRR15WH Smart Outlet (Fingerprint)

@bcopeland @bravenel @mike.maxwell

I just picked up one of these Legrand Radiant with "Netatmo" devices. It paired, and defaulted to Device.

Testing it now, but i captured the fingerprint and sundry, probably unnecessary data below.

What I found interesting, is that there is a 20A version as well:

I loaded "Generic Zigbee Outlet" for the Type, and it appears to work perfectly, including Power Reporting. I don't know how chatty it is yet on that front.

There is an LED that seems to be controlled, but obviously the Generic Zigbee Outlet Driver doesn't support it.

The Flash option works too.

So far so good.

I suspect it could be added to the compatible devices list.

Noted oddities. The top outlet is controlled -- it appears to be configured to be used as a Commercial Outlet, as the photos of it on the Legrand page show the ground oriented up, which would make the controlled outlet on the bottom. It also has the backstab style screw clamps (not backstab per se, but more like commercial outlets). It is deep like my older JASCO Zwave outlets, so nothing like the newer shallower units.

A final oddity is that the Zigbee "join network" button is behind the faceplate. The on-off switch in the center appears to be just that, and nothing else -- although perhaps it's mapped in the Zigbee control interface -- I have no idea.

If it lasts a few days without burning the house down, I may try one of the 20Amp ones, that would be nice in the Garage, and on some of my Kitchen outlets (that are on GFCI circuits).

The list price is scary though $67 for the 15 Amp and $78 for the 20 Amp. To be fair, I ebayed mine, and got it for $39.

Fingerprint and other data from the log:

Zigbee parsed:[raw:catchall: 0000 0006 00 00 0040 00 AAAF 00 00 0000 00 00 04FDFF040101190000, profileId:0000, clusterId:0006, clusterInt:6, sourceEndpoint:00, destinationEndpoint:00, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:AAAF, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[04, FD, FF, 04, 01, 01, 19, 00, 00]]

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0003,0004,0005,FC01,0B04,0006,000F", outClusters:"0006,0000,FC01,0005,0019", model:" Mobile outlet"

[trace]ZCL version:02
[trace]Model: Mobile outlet
[trace]Manufacturer: Legrand

[debug]getting info for unknown Zigbee device...

[info]Zigbee parsed:[raw:catchall: 0104 0000 01 01 0040 00 AAAF 00 01 1021 00 00 00F0, profileId:0104, clusterId:0000, clusterInt:0, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:AAAF, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:true, manufacturerId:1021, command:00, direction:00, data:[00, F0]]

[info]Zigbee parsed:[raw:catchall: 0000 8005 00 00 0040 00 AAAF 00 00 0000 00 00 C000AFAA0201F2, profileId:0000, clusterId:8005, clusterInt:32773, sourceEndpoint:00, destinationEndpoint:00, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:AAAF, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[C0, 00, AF, AA, 02, 01, F2]]

[debug]getting device info in 10 seconds...

p.s. It paired very easily. I don't know what version of Zigbee it uses, they never outright say it anyplace.

V/R
Scott

2 Likes

@mike.maxwell - does this mean this outlet supports power reporting?

@scottgu3 - can you test whether power reporting works with the generic zigbee outlet driver?

Thanks!

It seems to. I tested it with a shop light, and it reported 1W of usage. The shop light is an LED. Ill try something beefier later.

2023-07-26 05:32:09.997 PM[info]LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 1W

S.

1 Like

It would be very nice if it did. Thank you for checking, and I'll bookmark this for an update later on!

I dont know that its very accurate, but it does report power in some form of Watts.

LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 14W
LFT Top of Stairs Outlet is on [physical]
LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 53W
LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 145W
LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 101W
LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 54W
LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 106W
LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 0W
LFT Top of Stairs Outlet power is 1W

The reporting seem consistent with the relative power level of the device from sample to sample, but i had a 1400 Watt Hair Dryer that i was using to test. Adjusting the fan speed and heat. 145 watts was the max reported which corresponds to max heat and speed. Ill need to hook up a Kill-A-Watt to see what it really pulls. But it could just be a scaling difference between what the generic driver reads and what the Legrand reports....

S.

1 Like

Yup. But this is still really useful. Thank you so much for testing this!

1 Like

Yes, the generic driver detects this

1 Like

@scottgu3 how is this outlet working out?

I need a bunch of outlets and have found other zigbee outlets out of stock. I do need some 20a outlets so I'm looking at these. Hoping they are solid.

Do these function well as routers?

So far so good. The house hasn't caught fire, so I consider that a good sign!

It shows up as a repeater, and shows a peer route on the Zigbee network graph, along with a direct connection to the hub, and at least one of my Samsung Buttons is routing through it. (Edit: and a Hue Outdoor motion sensor)

Anyway...as it happens, I did lay my hands on a 20 Amp one as well, and intend to install it this weekend, so I'll report back on that soon.

S.

2 Likes

Ok -- the 20 Amp is on the test harness with a fingerprint of:

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0003,0004,0005,FC01,0B04,0006,000F", outClusters:"0006,0000,FC01,0005,0019", model:" Mobile outlet", manufacturer:" Legrand"

ZCL version:02
Model: Mobile outlet
Manufacturer: Legrand

Zigbee parsed:[raw:catchall: 0104 0000 01 01 0040 00 9AE1 00 01 1021 00 00 00F0, profileId:0104, clusterId:0000, clusterInt:0, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:9AE1, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:true, manufacturerId:1021, command:00, direction:00, data:[00, F0]]

It joined easily, and responds to commands as expected.

I've got it hanging on a test harness, and will put it in the wall tomorrow or saturday.

Correction. I just installed it in place of a Jasco 15 amp which was installed on a 20 amp circuit. Actually looks cleaner since Legrand doesn't put a big Zwave Plus or Zigbee logo right on the face of it!

On a side note, what is it with Ebay sellers these days? "New in box" or even "Open Box" is NOT the same thing as "lightly used, but really I installed it in the wall for a few months, and the faceplate got a bit grungy, but I couldn't figure out how to use it with Alexa, and heck I don't really understand how these backstab screwclamps work, and the wires wouldn't stay in the holes no matter how much I tightened the screws, so it never really worked anyway....so my wife is making me sell it!"

Or is it just me?

On the other hand, getting a $70 outlet for $40, wiping off the fingerprints and having it work perfectly? Priceless.

S

2 Likes

NIce. Thanks.

I bought used 15a and 20a off Amazon warehouse. $35 each. They looked pretty good. One had bent ears. With any luck we can pick up returns from the people that wanted to use them with some other system. I'd probably do all the sockets in my house if I could get them for $30. I did my last house with Adorne outlets and switches.

I haven't installed them yet.

One other nice thing about these is that there is a back stab to control a downstream circuit. So in a typical house a room with switched outlets like for the bedside tables you can swap the first outlet in the circuit to control the rest of the outlets.

Interesting.

I didn't even read the manual. I've got a pair on the bench, I may have to wire them and try that.

Thanks for mentioning Amazon Warehose. Ill have to keep an eye on them.

S.

I just saw elsewhere that it was claimed to be 3.0.

I'm really digging these outlets. As mentioned, they're very sleek on the wall, with no obnoxious logos/symbols on the front. They're performing well in my mesh. And, also as mentioned, usually available at a reasonable price. I just picked up two that are claimed to be new from eBay for ~$40/ea delivered.

One nit and one observation about power reporting. I have 2 in production today, and one seems to report power and the other doesn't. (This isn't an exhaustive investigation, as I haven't dug in fully.) Of the two I have installed, they have different firmware. (ETA: To clarify, both send power reports back to the hub. One reports a nonzero value, but the other reports zero watts at all times.)

1021-0011-003D4203 does report power, while 1021-0011-003E4203 may not report power.

I haven't see anywhere that firmware is available, so if anyone has a better line on that, I'm interested. Of course, it would appear that the firmware with E in the middle is newer that the firmware with D in the middle, and that may not be a good sign. When I get my latest acquisitions installed, I will do some more exhaustive testing with all the units.

Interestingly, these Legrand outlets have the same firmware naming convention as my Jasco outlets. Are these coming out of the same factory? Wouldn't be a shock. Also, if I'm on the right track, I wonder if this has anything to do with the Jasco units suddenly becoming unavailable. (Probably not, both because the Legrand units have been available for a couple of years, and the Jasco are just now unavailable, and because that didn't stop the Jasco switches and dimmers from being sold alongside other switches and dimmers that could have been sourced from the same factory.)

manufacturer 1124 is Jasco, these are 1021
The firmware file naming format is one suggested by the Zigbee spec, so that's what Hubitat has implemented.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing up the firmware name convention, @mike.maxwell!

Assuming it’s not working correctly, is there anything we can do to fix the power reporting? As I mentioned, I’ll have 4 of these in production shortly and will be happy to test with a steady load to compare against.

what's wrong with the power reporting?

I haven’t had a chance to do any direct testing, but it’s mentioned above that it might be scaled incorrectly.

I have two units in use, one reports some power usage, the other does not. My loads should be similar and in the 8-10W range, one reports 1W, the other 0W, so I’m thinking I either have the possible scaling issue, or it is not reporting properly. (Unfortunately, I can’t easily move those loads to test elsewhere, so I am going to have to bring the test to the receptacles.)

there wouldn't be any scaling issues between two of the same devices.
I would find an old school incandescent bulb to test with.

2 Likes