Konnected "Smart Garage Door Opener"?

I'm a big fan of the Tailwind sensor kit. Mounting position gives the best motion to sensing relationship (Edit: At least on my North American multi-panel style doors. :thinking: ).

You guys are great! lots of experience here thanks.
New house builders do not put any wire in anymore. They think the whole world is all WiFi.
Hal9000 your solution is great, but new house, no wires. Would need a zwave or zigbee tilt sensor or contact. They are over $45 each now on amazon. RM will do the job either way. hi hi

Gotcha. I made the assumption that if you were using Konnected already, you had some wiring in place. Or perhaps could locate a Konnected board in the garage where wiring would be minimal.

All my contact sensors cost just a few dollars each but that was an eBay deal from several years ago. Still, I wouldn't pay more than $15-$20 for a contact sensor. Perhaps that $45 you are seeing on Amazon in for the Aqara? That's a pack of three. Even the Zooz tilt sensor is $29.95.

The ecolink tilt sensor is all over ebay for around $20 if that helps. The zooz zen-16 is on thesmartesthouse.com for only $20 so your all in would be about 40 bux.

ttps://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-s2-multirelay-zen16-with-3-dry-contact-relays-20-a-15-a-15-a

Great shoppers! thanks

1 Like

The (solid-state) Zooz ZSE43 tilt sensor is 17.95 right now at SmartestHouse.

Ack, sorry Rick - meant to reply to OP

1 Like

Ordered two Ecolink zwave tilt sensor from ebay! total with shipping $31.40
Thanks...

Now to make it work with MyQ lite

It will be seperate from my q lite. You will trigger my q lite or opening closing but status will come from the sensors...

1 Like

Agree. I don’t have Konnected (had ordered their security interface but went with Envisalink for my pre-existing DSC system) but the principle is the same. Since I already had a 64 zone system, I went with this (as referenced in another post):
magnetic sensor system that was specifically designed for overhead garage doors. It is very sturdy and strong with a 2” operating gap:

This is how I have it installed on my garage door:

If you want to get away from MyQ:

Point is, there are a multitude of ways to achieve what you want with minimal cost depending upon what parts you already have available and your comfort level with “making stuff”, LOL:

Have fun with it! That is the beauty of HE.

OPS figured it out!
Yes, use MQ Garage door by Dominick Meglio.

Ignore the following figured it out:
I have HPM installed.
How to use HPM to installing MyQ lite ?
Do I use the "tag" selection?
MyQ lite not there; what is
It that the right selection?
Do I need to find a selection that sayd NO sensors? Since using zwave tilt?
After using HPM Know I need to go to step 10 in Gihub for the app.
thanks

MyQ is a real pain. Still trying to use what I have.

Used HPM to install myq ok
Add User App ok
MyQ lite configured to Dashboard ok
Garage door device can be selected to add a tile.
Tile selected is Garage Door control

The Tile DOES NOT show either closed or open?
Since I picked "No Sensor" during install?

Installed zwave tilt sensor ok - it works ok on the dash board.

The "Garage Door Tile" does nothing - just shows a question mark!

What am I doing wrong?

More:
MyQ Lite app is not talking to Dashboard (hubitat)
MyQ Lite install ok with my USERID and Password.

Well, quite honestly, I think it might be that you forgot this ...

There are many of us who used MyQ at one time until we said screw it, and cobbled together a local solution that works perfectly.

1 Like

Correct.

It' not reading the tilt sensor. Put that into the integration

Is there a way to use HPM with a sensor?
HPM only has the option of NO sensor.
Would I be able to remove the no sensor from MyQ Lite app and add a sensor there?
thanks,
Note: I want to make this work since have MyQ in two daughters houses that have no close by wire in place to create the NO MyQ app option.

Reading through the thread of alternatives to MyQ may inspire plenty of ideas. For example, connect one of these to one of your Konnected zones configured as momentary contact switch. No wiring connections to garage door opener required, and the Konnected board could be practically anywhere in your house (unless you have a really big house).

Yes, great Idea.
I have MyQ open and closing our Genie garage doors.
That works really good since family uses their phone app to manage doors from their work location.
Did put konnectged, Hubitat and MyQ on their phones.
Figured the MyQ HPM integration should have worked on Hubitat otherwise why is it even in HPM?
Thought side by side Tiles would work with the zwave tilts installed. Then create rules to close the darn door when thier kids leave them open hi hi. My personal house is no problem I have it already wired like you guys' suggested THANKS! Happy 4th

Understand that neither HPM nor the MyQ integration are natively part of Hubitat. HPM is a community contribution to make installing and maintaining other community apps/drivers easier, but ultimately is dependent on the individual developers themselves to make their stuff work with it. Listing of an app/driver in HPM should not be construed as a commitment of support by any one.

The MyQ integration, as far as I know, is no longer supported by anyone. Even when it works, you can't get around the cloud dependency and the whims of MyQ that it will continue to work.

3 Likes

I never liked the MY Q... Had one and ditched it when I got rid of wink. I really didn't want to rely on cloud based stuff. I did the zen-16 and an ecolink tilt sensor. Runs in paralell with the oem system. Everyone in the house can control it from their phones as well. Gives up/down status on the icon even when the oem system is used (garage door buttons). The last thing I may do is add a keypad to the garage for when I need to let people in when I'm not there.

1 Like

Hi @wolferjerry , here’s a link to the above mentioned device:

You can also easily modify one yourself per my earlier post:

Hope these help to give you some ideas.

1 Like

Returned the Konnected Garage door openers but will likely install them when they have their Phone app and HPM Konnected Garage door openers implemented in Hubitat. Like their overall design along with already install Konnected for security.

Since we have a Cox 1Gig data service seems that the cloud version of MyQ implementation works ok. Met my objective to have my daughters garage doors close in an hour if left open. As usual Hubitat users gave me great help. 672southmain confirmed MyQ works in Hubitat using last version of Dominic’s code as installed by HPM. Figured out why all the goofy error messages. Happy to pass the working MyQ implementation to anyone if they like. Only additional add was the zwave econlink garage door tilts to the already installed Hubitat C7s & C8s using HPM to install Dominic’s MyQ code.